+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Congrats! Pre-arrival, BGCIP, DM and PPR are on its way... :)
What it means if the background check is"we are processing your background check" in cic account. Medicals says passed. Additional documents is being reviewed.

GlDEON

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
What it means if the background check is"we are processing your background check" in cic account. Medicals says passed. Additional documents is being reviewed.
Did you already receive the Pre-arrival letter? You're almost there. DM and PPR next. :)

Jimmy27

Jun 7, 2018
Decision made yesterday, application received Dec 6th 2017. Amazed at how quick the process has been.

If you're applying from a visa exempt country you should upload a scan of your passport and the request letter with updated information completed via the Web form and then send visa photos in the mail to the specified processing office.

I am currently in Canada so had to mail my photos back to London (UK applicant). After mailing the photos I had decision made and visa granted within 1 week. Now planning a quick trip back to the UK to pick up my documents from my mailing address.

Hope everyone else has a nice quick decision made!

Reactions: sherman123

Moah

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Hi my family and I are planning on visiting this summer while on PR application is in process may I ask which border you crossed and by which means of transport to enter Canada??
Sure! We crossed customs and migration at Pearson International Airport im Toronto. We did this via air.

:)

Reactions: trinirock

Jimmy27

Jun 7, 2018
Sure! We crossed customs and migration at Pearson International Airport im Toronto. We did this via air.

:)
Same here, we entered Canada through this port of entry 2 weeks ago and had no problems. This was actually our main move as well as my Canadian partners UK visa has expired so we had to move to stay together.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Same here, we entered Canada through this port of entry 2 weeks ago and had no problems. This was actually our main move as well as my Canadian partners UK visa has expired so we had to move to stay together.
Guessing your app was processed entirely at Missisauga VO?

somflower

May 17, 2018
Our permanent residence application status changed from "application received" to "in process" overnight! No "decision made" yet on the sponsorship application side. December 27th applicant here, I was convinced that our application would be stuck in the sponsor approval stage forever lol. So happy to see some movement!
Another update -- ECAS changed to "decision made" on sponsorship application side, and (I think) GKey 'Review of Eligibility' just changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" (I don't check GKey often so I'm not sure what the message was before). I know it's probably another long wait but I'm just over the moon that things are moving. Looking forward to the letter confirming sponsor approval.

Sqg

Apr 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Received pre arrival invitation yesterday! So glad we finally got an update from MVO!

Sqg

Apr 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Congrats! What's your timeline?
Thanks!
Here's my timeline
December 21, 2017 -Application received
Feb 9 -Application number received
Feb 9 - Request to Link application
Feb 21 -Schedule A and PCC requested
Feb 23 -medical exam requested
Feb 27- submitted schedule A and NBI
March 1 -Schedule A requested again (we missed 1 info so we resubmitted it)
March 1- Completed medical exam
March 6 - Sponsor eligibility - approved
Marck 19 - Virtual career invitation
March 22- forwarded to visa office in Manila
June 7 - pre-arrival invitation

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Hello everybody! I have a question. My husband (PA) is from Nicaragua where there's currently a lot of civil unrest and violence (just within recent months). He's thinking about leaving the country for safety and to search for more stable work, until we get DM and PPR. Can anybody tell me if this affects the process? I can't imagine IRCC would have a problem when there's so much violence and danger in his country, but I just wanted to consult you all. Please let me know from your understanding/experience.

I am guessing we're within a month's time from DR/PPR, but I'm so concerned for his safety/well-being.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hello everybody! I have a question. My husband (PA) is from Nicaragua where there's currently a lot of civil unrest and violence (just within recent months). He's thinking about leaving the country for safety and to search for more stable work, until we get DM and PPR. Can anybody tell me if this affects the process? I can't imagine IRCC would have a problem when there's so much violence and danger in his country, but I just wanted to consult you all. Please let me know from your understanding/experience.

I am guessing we're within a month's time from DR/PPR, but I'm so concerned for his safety/well-being.
There shouldn't be a problem, but keep the visa office in the loop regarding address and whereabouts.

It ensures correspondence can be properly received and a suitable location chosen should an interview be necessary.

Reactions: lynncita

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
There shouldn't be a problem, but keep the visa office in the loop regarding address and whereabouts.

It ensures correspondence can be properly received and a suitable location chosen should an interview be necessary.
Yeah, that was what I imagined. Would you just recommend to update the VO via webform - I guess that's the best way?