+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
evdm - Ok, so I have just realized that the Nov 30 AOR was for inland not outland. I'm assuming they might have different processing times than outland. Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel concerned.
No concern whatsoever. just curious. any sign that CIC is speeding things up is a good sign. Sadly signs still seem to be pointing in the opposite direction but we all know going in that it will be a somewhat tedious and perhaps long process.

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
good afternoon, just found this forum while trying to find info on the net. I applied for my husbands pr end of Dec they received it by courier Dec 29/17 anyone have any idea how long it will take to approve sponsorship?

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace
good afternoon, just found this forum while trying to find info on the net. I applied for my husbands pr end of Dec they received it by courier Dec 29/17 anyone have any idea how long it will take to approve sponsorship?
minimum it will take 45 to 60days

Reactions: rebeccara

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
minimum it will take 45 to 60days
Well, her question isn't clear enough.
And your answer isn't correct neither.

45 to 60 days is just for receiving AOR1, and to get the sponsor approval is different with each cases, some get it earlier, some get it pretty late, it will be somewhere between a week to couple months for SA, after AOR1. And if she asked for the approval of PR, then in general, we are looking at 6-8 months for a straight forward case, and probably 12 months and longer for a case with complex issues.

Reactions: rebeccara and evdm

can2018?

Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone, just wondering if I can get a little help please.

I'm a Dec applicant (British) living in London with my Canadian wife. We're hoping to move over to Canada in September and so we can manage our notice periods (both 3 months) we are going to head over in Sept even if we don't have DM yet, and worse case I'll have to wait a few months until we get this (knowing the risk).

I just wanted to triple check I'm allowed to do this - I've read up on entering under duel intent etc but would I be able to get the final approval (assuming everything goes well) to an Address in Canada? I'm just wondering if it's a case of changing my address on my file. If I need to keep it as a UK address I'll have to change to my parents as I'll have to moved out of our rented flat.

Our App is pretty straightforward so hopefully that keeps us within a 10 month window but I understand it's a bit of a lottery. Any thoughts would be really appreciated! We just want to do it this way so my wife has a little control over applying for jobs etc.

Thanks!

(app sent Dec 12 still waiting on Aor1).

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Well, her question isn't clear enough.
And your answer isn't correct neither.

45 to 60 days is just for receiving AOR1, and to get the sponsor approval is different with each cases, some get it earlier, some get it pretty late, it will be somewhere between a week to couple months for SA, after AOR1. And if she asked for the approval of PR, then in general, we are looking at 6-8 months for a straight forward case, and probably 12 months and longer for a case with complex issues.
Thanks, First off could someone pls fill me in on all the acronyms for the PR ie SA, AOR1 etc I have no idea what those are lol second I'm just hoping for an estimated time for approval on sponsorship, I realize the whole PR could take quite sometime :)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks, First off could someone pls fill me in on all the acronyms for the PR ie SA, AOR1 etc I have no idea what those are lol second I'm just hoping for an estimated time for approval on sponsorship, I realize the whole PR could take quite sometime :)
AOR1: Acknowledgement of Receiving (First) This is when CPC opens your application to check the completion of your application
SA: Sponsor Approval (Probably that is what you asked for) It can be largely different case by case, some get it earlier, some get it pretty late
SOR2: Acknowledgement of Receiving (Second) It is to inform you where you applicantion will be transfered to. Usually it will be transfered to the VO at Principle Applicant's Country of Origin (Some VOs don't issue the AOR2, we have seen it happened most from London VO)
PIP(IP): Principle Applicant In Process That is when the Local VO starts to process Principle's application
BCG: Back Ground Check That is the local VO starts to check Principle's back ground, security & criminality (This is the longest wait of the whole process for most cases)
DM: Dicision Made This is when the time you will feel relieve, bad or good, it doesn't matter, because the wait is finally over.
PPR: Passport Request This is the time to celebrate with your loved ones and share your excitement with those on this forum.

Well, there are other terminologies, but they are pretty obvious to get what they mean, when you see them.

Reactions: rebeccara

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
AOR1: Acknowledgement of Receiving (First) This is when CPC opens your application to check the completion of your application
SA: Sponsor Approval (Probably that is what you asked for) It can be largely different case by case, some get it earlier, some get it pretty late
SOR2: Acknowledgement of Receiving (Second) It is to inform you where you applicantion will be transfered to. Usually it will be transfered to the VO at Principle Applicant's Country of Origin (Some VOs don't issue the AOR2, we have seen it happened most from London VO)
PIP(IP): Principle Applicant In Process That is when the Local VO starts to process Principle's application
BCG: Back Ground Check That is the local VO starts to check Principle's back ground, security & criminality (This is the longest wait of the whole process for most cases)
DM: Dicision Made This is when the time you will feel relieve, bad or good, it doesn't matter, because the wait is finally over.
PPR: Passport Request This is the time to celebrate with your loved ones and share your excitement with those on this forum.

Well, there are other terminologies, but they are pretty obvious to get what they mean, when you see them.
Awesome thank u so much I feel like I’m kinda in the loop now!

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace
Hi everyone, just wondering if I can get a little help please.

I'm a Dec applicant (British) living in London with my Canadian wife. We're hoping to move over to Canada in September and so we can manage our notice periods (both 3 months) we are going to head over in Sept even if we don't have DM yet, and worse case I'll have to wait a few months until we get this (knowing the risk).

I just wanted to triple check I'm allowed to do this - I've read up on entering under duel intent etc but would I be able to get the final approval (assuming everything goes well) to an Address in Canada? I'm just wondering if it's a case of changing my address on my file. If I need to keep it as a UK address I'll have to change to my parents as I'll have to moved out of our rented flat.

Our App is pretty straightforward so hopefully that keeps us within a 10 month window but I understand it's a bit of a lottery. Any thoughts would be really appreciated! We just want to do it this way so my wife has a little control over applying for jobs etc.

Thanks!

(app sent Dec 12 still waiting on Aor1).
I hope your app will be finalize before Sep. But u can change address at any time there would not any problem if it is Canadian address

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace
any one try to apply TRV after the PR application?