Has anybody else since 3 Dec 2016 had
1. Problems with linking application If needing to submit documents
2. Sent tech reports but had not response or action
3. Recived an email saying they are experiencing delays
4. Have a flight booked just before Xmas and are worried what to do

I have all these. People let me know if you have any ideas, advice

Nicer77

Dec 11, 2016
No, I have an email from them saying they are experiencing delays and they have no timeframe. I have decided to buy alternative flights but I have lost over one thousand pounds.
I have written to the minister. It's really unacceptable. The website is vague and unclear.

Nicer77

Dec 11, 2016
Today they have confirmed my ETA. But I have already paid for altnernative flights. If only they could have given me an idea that at least my forms would be looked at in time for my flight on 22nd I would have gambled.
Can't even claim on insurance now. Canada, I expected better organisation from a country such as yours.
Shame...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nicer77 said:
Canada, I expected better organisation from a country such as yours.
Shame...
Shame on Canada? Really? You have a criminal record; regardless of how long ago it was or how old you were at the time, that is on you.

Nicer77

Dec 11, 2016
Indeed, but the chaos and disorder that is the processing system, lack of clear communication and all the rest that's not on me at all.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Nicer77 said:
Indeed, but the chaos and disorder that is the processing system, lack of clear communication and all the rest that's not on me at all.
You shouldn't have booked your flight before even getting ETA. CIC advises that no one should book anything until your application is processed.

Nicer77

Dec 11, 2016
No, this is not clear on the site. Look at the USA site. Much clearer and prominent. Lots more work needed on website.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
On the positive side the ETA is valid for 5 years whereas an ESTA has to be applied for every 2 years. The ETA is 7 CDN whereas the ESTA is 14 USD. The ETA questions are far less intrusive than the ESTA questions and yes maybe the ESTA application website is clearer but has taken them years to get to that point.

Nicer77

Dec 11, 2016
One would have thought Canada would have looked and learned from the us website
Yes now I can get on a plane through canada, might go crazy for next 5 years!!!

Peppapig

Dec 29, 2016
I'm having exactly the same problems. I applied on the 2nd Dec, submitted requested forms a week or two later as soon as I received them. T heard anything yet. I haven't booked any flights yet, but I have people waiting on me. Did you do anything in particular to "hurry them up"?