kaikaichen said:
Hi Ywcat, did you receive AOR by mail or email? Thanks
I received AOR by Email.

p.s. ECAS updated "In Process" on January 22, 2016

S.Z

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
guys,
my ecas updates today. I have been assigned to take the citizenship test on February 18. that was quick.
unfortunately, I wont be able to make it since I am going to Thailand for vacation next month, so need to reschedule. :'(

edit:
We sent you a notice on January 22, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
S.Z said:
guys,
my ecas updates today. I have been assigned to take the citizenship test on February 18. that was quick.
unfortunately, I wont be able to make it since I am going to Thailand for vacation next month, so need to reschedule. :'(

edit:
We sent you a notice on January 22, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Yes you can reschedule it.
By the way I guess that you are applying from the west by seeing your fast time line?

S.Z

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Politren said:
Yes you can reschedule it.
By the way I guess that you are applying from the west by seeing your fast time line?
ya, from Vancouver,bc

also, anyone has experience in rescheduling the test?

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
S.Z said:
ya, from Vancouver,bc

also, anyone has experience in rescheduling the test?
You are going to be in a non-routine application which means your citizenship might go 12-36 months.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Any further updates for rest of the December 2015 applicants ???

Mine saying "in process" since December 23, 2015

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yukaa08 said:
You are going to be in a non-routine application which means your citizenship might go 12-36 months.
How do you know that rescheduling a test renders it a 'non-routine' application?
I would have assumed only those going for 'secondary review' would fall under the longer processing time.
Obviously rescheduling will add a certain number of weeks, however the application should be still in line to be processed as normal - no?

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
helenaD said:
How do you know that rescheduling a test renders it a 'non-routine' application?
I would have assumed only those going for 'secondary review' would fall under the longer processing time.
Obviously rescheduling will add a certain number of weeks, however the application should be still in line to be processed as normal - no?
I was going to travel on the day of my exam, I called CIC and asked about it. I asked if its going to affect my application, The agent told me yes it will go to the non - routine application and it might take 12-36 months for you to get citizenship. Knowing it, I had to reschedule my flight.

umlowcn

Jan 14, 2016
Based on the google spreadsheet ppl updated, it takes at least 120 days from IP to Test in GTA.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
umlowcn said:
Based on the google spreadsheet ppl updated, it takes at least 120 days from IP to Test in GTA.

thanks for the info! my in process date is Dec 23rd so I assume I won't see test before mid April.