Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Hello everyone. I just wanted to pass on an update since receiving COPR. I moved to Canada in early June and have been living in London Ontario. I have got a job and am making the most of the summer having been reunited with my partner.

The landing process went very smoothly. I got off the flight at Toronto and went to security as usual. I mention to the security guy that I had to land as a permanent resident and after going through all the usual security stuff I was sent to a room to 'land'.

I went on and after a brief wait a very helpful lady went through the basics, checked through my documents and applied for my PR card (Which 10 weeks later i am still waiting for).

I have to say that the week I landed was spent getting drivers license, bank account, SIN and registering for health care, but it really was a smooth ride.

The hardest part about the whole process was saying goodbye to my family in England.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting patiently. It really is worth the wait!!

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
BritishBob said:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to pass on an update since receiving COPR. I moved to Canada in early June and have been living in London Ontario. I have got a job and am making the most of the summer having been reunited with my partner.

The landing process went very smoothly. I got off the flight at Toronto and went to security as usual. I mention to the security guy that I had to land as a permanent resident and after going through all the usual security stuff I was sent to a room to 'land'.

I went on and after a brief wait a very helpful lady went through the basics, checked through my documents and applied for my PR card (Which 10 weeks later i am still waiting for).

I have to say that the week I landed was spent getting drivers license, bank account, SIN and registering for health care, but it really was a smooth ride.

The hardest part about the whole process was saying goodbye to my family in England.

Congrats Bob!

I went through all that in 1997 when I first emigrated, we still haven't heard back about my partner but we are taking a punt and flying out on Monday to wait in Canada, under the Dual Intent, until we hear back. Hopefully it will be within the year.

I've been to London Ontario several times; mostly to the Agriplex to show my horses. What job are you doing out there Bob?

Jonesy

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
BritishBob said:

Glad that went well for you Bob, I am returning to London Ontario myself as that is my home town (born and raised), if you ever want to have a little taste of home there is a great little shop called A taste of Britain that sells sweets, crisps and such on Southdale and Wharncliffe.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
I received today the passport with visa, need to do the landing, hope for a flag pole. Good luck everyone!

ms.m

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
Visa on hand finally !

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Update from thread re in process: On August 12 I took a screen capture on ecas of my partner's application and it said 'Application received'.

I emailed the London VO to let them know of our change of address; I got a reply saying they'd received the enquiry.

Today, August 15, I checked again and now it says application 'in process'

Maybe they are going through the applications faster - fingers crossed for all!

Jonesy

Leaf-fan

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
4-3-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
None. App Denied September 2015. Appeal Allowed August 2016.
Passport Req..
19-1-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 6-3-17
LANDED..........
24-3-17
Leaf-fan said:
So distraught! Just got an e-mail from Warsaw VO advising that they don't believe that I have one year continuous living with my common-law spouse. I know where I made my mistake in the application, too. On the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire, where it asks for periods of cohabitation, I indicated the dates where we were physically at home, but the gaps in time were when we were traveling. I shouldn't have included that, I guess. I sent a letter to the VO indicating that I made an error on the form, but I don't know if the letter will suffice. Anybody have any advice??? #panicking :(

Update: I provided a letter to CIC early last week outlining our gaps in time and found out that, as of yesterday, we are "In Process." So...can anybody give me their best guess on whether that means approved or denied???

Kanada_San

Nov 28, 2014
Leaf-fan said:
Update: I provided a letter to CIC early last week outlining our gaps in time and found out that, as of yesterday, we are "In Process." So...can anybody give me their best guess on whether that means approved or denied???

seems like you'll have to wait until it says 'decision made' .. similar thing happened to me, and we're still waiting to see what 'decision' has been 'made' :)

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (COPR office London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
BritishBob said:

Thanks for the little "guide" to landing :) I'm hpoing top repeat your steps vert soon :)

happypig

Nov 11, 2014
ms.m said:
For what is the rcmp clearance?
If your spouse stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, CIC might request for RCMP Clearance for criminal record check.
My wife took digital fingerprints at a local agency in Calgary to submit it to RCMP for the check.

happypig

Nov 11, 2014
Got COPR today. The application process took exactly 8 months between the application submission (Dec 16, 2014) and receipt of the COPR (Aug 18, 2015)

Updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

sustagen

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24 2015
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
Feb 3 2015
Passport Req..
May 27 2015__IN PROCESS: Sept 5, 2015__COA email: Oct 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov 7, 2015 // VOH: November 13, 2015

sustagen

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24 2015
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
Feb 3 2015
Passport Req..
May 27 2015__IN PROCESS: Sept 5, 2015__COA email: Oct 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov 7, 2015 // VOH: November 13, 2015
happypig said:
Got COPR today. The application process took exactly 8 months between the application submission (Dec 16, 2014) and receipt of the COPR (Aug 18, 2015)

Updated the spreadsheet accordingly.
Congrats! Praise God! :)

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
guys just want to update all, i got passport request last night, and this morning i saw decision made on ECAS, good luck to all my fellow december applicants :)

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
disappointed10 said:
guys just want to update all, i got passport request last night, and this morning i saw decision made on ECAS, good luck to all my fellow december applicants :)
Congratulations! I am happy to hear that the storm is over and now you can see the sun shine