+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2014 FSW APPLICATION SUBMISSION

thisismilan

Feb 24, 2015
Hello All!

My application reached Sydney, NS on November 3rd 2014.
I haven't received any email so far. I have been checking my DD and it hasn't been cashed yet.

To my understanding, it usually takes 60-80 days to get a response. In my case, it's been more than 3 months.
I am starting to get worried now.
Has anyone had the same situation?
Any reply is highly appreciated.

Milan

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DOTA 2 PRO said:
Hi friends

I got my PER on 20th feb i am dec 1st applicant. but i havent sent my Police clearance thing yet..... To whom shall i send it to, to avoid any delays?

thank you
you shold wait until your assigned visa office asks you for the document. dont send anything now as your file will be in transit to visa office.

amitnsheth

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015 TLU......:23-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2015 Passport Submitted:11-08-2015 Passport Received : 10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Artash said:
Just got my PER :) Thanks god and all members of this forum for support!
my app date December 3rd, CC date - 26th of Jan
Congrates...

amitnsheth

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
blindman said:
Dear friends,

PER mail received 5 min. ago.
Dec. 8th applicant
Jan. 29th cc charged
Feb. 24th PER

Good luck to all

Regards
Congrates... and good luck

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
PER mail received yesterday. Submission date: 4 December 2015

amitnsheth

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
KINGSLEY JOHN said:
PER mail received yesterday. Submission date: 4 December 2015
Congrates.

landinca

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Everyone

My application was delivered on 23rd Nov, NOC - 2172.

But I still haven't received PER... I am really worried after seeing this series of posts.. Please advice..

my bank still have to confirm whether DD charged or not.. :(

Thanks

varunwalia

Jul 23, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Hiiii Did any 24th Dec or afterwards applicant got charged???

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
I did call up CIC last week and they gave me my UCI no and confirmed me the date of submission and said that they could contact me soon.

As I have a Canadian visit visa also , the UCI have no on it is the same what the CIC agent gave me ? But it doesn't give me any details online.

what does that mean ?

Have they started processing my application ?

Would they have done the completeness check by now ?

I am sooooo worried......

cieux

Dec 17, 2014
Dear all,
I found news about high error rates in CIC processing.

We are not allowed to post links here so you can search for the title of the article and I think it will appear.

Title of article: ‘High error rate' found in Canada's immigration processing

Below is an excerpt from the article I found in Toronto Star news

According to the review of 996 files handled between Nov. 1 and Dec. 6, 2014, at the Vegreville operation, which deals with permanent residence applications, the quality management team found these shortcomings in the 617 request letters sent:
13 per cent did not address all missing items.
23 per cent had no timeline or an incomplete one or did not mention the consequences of failing to reply.
6 per cent were either “not professional” or chose the incorrect template form.
Of 426 files that received a second review during the five weeks, decisions were pending for 149 owing to errors made by decision-makers at an earlier stage.

I suppose this is impt message to note. Keep trying and don't lose hope.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cieux said:
Dear all,
I found news about high error rates in CIC processing.

We are not allowed to post links here so you can search for the title of the article and I think it will appear.

Title of article: ‘High error rate' found in Canada's immigration processing

Below is an excerpt from the article I found in Toronto Star news

According to the review of 996 files handled between Nov. 1 and Dec. 6, 2014, at the Vegreville operation, which deals with permanent residence applications, the quality management team found these shortcomings in the 617 request letters sent:
13 per cent did not address all missing items.
23 per cent had no timeline or an incomplete one or did not mention the consequences of failing to reply.
6 per cent were either “not professional” or chose the incorrect template form.
Of 426 files that received a second review during the five weeks, decisions were pending for 149 owing to errors made by decision-makers at an earlier stage.

I suppose this is impt message to note. Keep trying and don't lose hope.
Hi Cieux.

Below is the full article u have quoted above. Thanks for sharing this!! +1 for you!!

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has taken recent steps to improve and expedite immigration applications. The new Express Entry immigration selection system, which was introduced two weeks ago, aims to process submitted applications within six months, and several new Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams have also come into operation. Additionally, applications are increasingly being processed online, with the aim of reducing errors and processing times.
While the future of Canadian immigration appears promising, there are several imperfections that have recently come to light. Internal government documents have revealed a high level of human error by CIC staff in Canadian immigration processing on applications for permanent residence, temporary work permits, and refugee status.
“Quality management” reviews, which were obtained by the Toronto Star newspaper earlier this month, provide a glimpse into the extent of these official errors. The documents reveal that, among other issues, staff have failed to use correct form letters, address missing documents, and provide accurate timelines. This could create unnecessary backlogs and delays, or even cost individual applicants a chance to live and work in Canada.
Some resourceful applicants have been able to correct errors, reapply, and correct problems before those problems cost them their chance of immigrating to Canada. Others were not as fortunate. Applicants have cited inconsistencies and a perceived lack of procedural fairness and clarity in the application processing by government of Canada officials.
In other instances, applicants who had submitted applications to CIC may not have been fully aware that errors had been made on their applications, leading to frustration and disappointment.
According to a review of 996 files handled at the Vegreville Case Processing Centre in Alberta, which deals with permanent residence applications, between November 1 and December 6, 2014, the quality management team found that of the 617 request letters sent to applicants:
13 per cent did not address all missing items;
23 per cent had either no timeline, an incomplete timeline, or did not mention the consequences of failing to reply to the request; and
six per cent were either “not professional” or chose the incorrect template form.
Of 426 files that received a second review, decisions were still pending on 149 owing to errors made at an earlier stage.
Some individuals, including spokespersons from the Canada Employment and Immigration Union which represents a large number of CIC staff, have attributed the high error rate to part-time staff, who may not have the necessary training and experience needed in order to perform their duties to the highest possible standard.
The reaction
“It is unfortunate to hear about immigration cases that, with some expert guidance, should have been relatively straightforward, but were delayed or rejected due to human error. People’s hopes and dreams are at stake here,” says Attorney David Cohen.
“In spite of this news, I would encourage potential immigrants to Canada to maintain a positive outlook about Canada — both the country itself and its immigration process. Canada continues to have one of the highest per capita rates of immigration in the world, a fact that is highly unlikely to change over the coming years.
“Very often, the problems faced by applicants when dealing with immigration officials can be dealt with, provided that the applicant has access to good information about his or her case and rights. For an applicant, retaining the services of an experienced immigration lawyer to represent him or her in an application for Canadian immigration could make the difference between huge disappointment on the one hand, and a new life in Canada on the other.”

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/canadian-immigration-processing-high-error-rate-014427.html

Guys...credit must go to Cieux who is the original founder of this article :)

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
goodlucktocanada said:
Hi Fellow December Applicants,

I am Dec. 5 applicant and got charge last Jan.28 but still haven't received our PER. I called CIC this morning and they gave me my application number, checked it in ECAS and its currently in "In-Process" status. The agent mentioned that its not a good sign but didn't elaborate more on the details, also asked for our UCI # but she didnt gave it. I'm getting a little bit anxious on our current stage since we still haven't got our PER... is there someone similar in our situation. Any advice on our next step?

Thanks in advance and God bless us all. :)
I think it's too early to insinuate. Just wait for another week. Don't ever lose hope.

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
landinca said:
Hi Everyone

My application was delivered on 23rd Nov, NOC - 2172.

But I still haven't received PER... I am really worried after seeing this series of posts.. Please advice..

my bank still have to confirm whether DD charged or not.. :(

Thanks
It's time to call CIC.
It's time to call CIC.

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Rendezvous70 said:
I did call up CIC last week and they gave me my UCI no and confirmed me the date of submission and said that they could contact me soon.

As I have a Canadian visit visa also , the UCI have no on it is the same what the CIC agent gave me ? But it doesn't give me any details online.

what does that mean ?

Have they started processing my application ?

Would they have done the completeness check by now ?

I am sooooo worried......
You would know if you have passed the completeness check if your CC has been charged or DD has been encashed. Check your bank. Then call CIC again and see if you can chance upon agents who could be of more help to you.

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
thisismilan said:
Hello All!

My application reached Sydney, NS on November 3rd 2014.
I haven't received any email so far. I have been checking my DD and it hasn't been cashed yet.

To my understanding, it usually takes 60-80 days to get a response. In my case, it's been more than 3 months.
I am starting to get worried now.
Has anyone had the same situation?
Any reply is highly appreciated.

Milan
It's not the usual scenario for an application who has passed at least the first stage of completeness check. But, don't lose hope yet. Now is the right time for you to call CIC.