+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dec-21 SDS applicants, lets gather here!

naturlboy

Feb 28, 2022
Hello everyone. I applied for non SDS SP + SOWP + VV from India on 22Nov and we all received PPR today!

Thanks to all for helping out. I wish you all receive your PPRs soon as well!
Very rare outcome. Usually the immigration officers have an opinion that you are not going to return back if you are relocating your family with you.

rsdapshis

Feb 6, 2022
Very rare outcome. Usually the immigration officers have an opinion that you are not going to return back if you are relocating your family with you.
Not true, I have seen quite a few applications that have been passed this way. My agent even recommended I go this route if I want to lodge with my family as it will have the fastest outcome.

Canada wants students and needs immigrants.

What they want to see is that your letter of explanation can clearly state a very solid plan that you will leave after you complete your studies and that you have enough funds to cover your expenses for you and your family for the duration of your studies.

The reason that people get rejected is because they never provided a very clear plan to leave and never provided enough proof of funds to cover their expenses for them and their family for the duration of their studies.

If those things are not shown then rejection is possible.

If they seriously didn't want you to bring your family with, they would never allow for open work permits for accompanying spouses and visitor visas for accompanying children.

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
All that matters is how convincing your SOP sounds. In my opinion it is better to declare in the very beginning that you want your family to be with you during your study period. For the sake of getting study permit smoothly someone may be tempted to show his/her family members staying at home as home ties in SOP. However, after arriving in Canada and studying for few months, that person will ask his/her spouse to apply for SOWP. This clearly violates the initial logic written in the SOP and may cause rejection of the SOWP of the spouse.

rsdapshis

Feb 6, 2022
All that matters is how convincing your SOP sounds. In my opinion it is better to declare in the very beginning that you want your family to be with you during your study period. For the sake of getting study permit smoothly someone may be tempted to show his/her family members staying at home as home ties in SOP. However, after arriving in Canada and studying for few months, that person will ask his/her spouse to apply for SOWP. This clearly violates the initial logic written in the SOP and may cause rejection of the SOWP of the spouse.
Yes I agree with this.

Doing it that way, also seems like a trick.

The real thing is that with accompanying family, funds is very important to a point out I do believe.

Here is an example, you show funds that will cover you, your wife and your child's living expenses for the first year of a 4 year bachelors degree and the first years tuition paid.

The Government is going to ask the question, how are you going to pay for the other 3 years of the degree + living expenses for you and your family for those additional 3 years?

Now, of course if you provide information for the spouse that they have a skill that can be used and is in need within the country then it strengths the application BUT if not, the government sees this application as higher risk because working at Tim Hortons is not going to be enough to cover all the necessary costs for an additional 3 years + tuition for those years which as we all know is not cheap.

Maybe it could but its more unlikely especially if there is an emergency during their stay where funds needs to be used, which is not an unrealistic view.

Thus, rejection is more possible because they do not want to run the risk for a full family being situated within Canada and have run out of money not just to survive but not even enough to go back to their home country.

There must have been a situation/s where this has happened.

Therefore, Canada I do not think minds you bringing your whole family with but you must prove theoretically that you have a higher chance of being able to take care of yourself and your family during your studies because after your studies are complete, you can then get a job and continue to live within Canada on a more stable and responsible salary over being say being a barista during your studies.

This is why 3 year PGWP's are issued for even 2 year programs.

They want you to stay and they want you to be educated but they do not want you to run out of money and become a liability to the government during your studies. Because in the end who is going to pay the plane ticket to send you home if you are on the street homeless because you couldn't continue to survive and your visa has expired.

Deportation costs money as well.

Sounds extreme but I believe Canada uses the most extreme examples to make sure it never happens or it reduces the chance of it happening to a minimum.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: A_S_A

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
Yes I agree with this.

Doing it that way, also seems like a trick.

The real thing is that with accompanying family, funds is very important to a point out I do believe.

Here is an example, you show funds that will cover you, your wife and your child's living expenses for the first year of a 4 year bachelors degree and the first years tuition paid.

The Government is going to ask the question, how are you going to pay for the other 3 years of the degree + living expenses for you and your family for those additional 3 years?

Now, of course if you provide information for the spouse that they have a skill that can be used and is in need within the country then it strengths the application BUT if not, the government sees this application as higher risk because working at Tim Hortons is not going to be enough to cover all the necessary costs for an additional 3 years + tuition for those years which as we all know is not cheap.

Maybe it could but its more unlikely especially if there is an emergency during their stay where funds needs to be used, which is not an unrealistic view.

Thus, rejection is more possible because they do not want to run the risk for a full family being situated within Canada and have run out of money not just to survive but not even enough to go back to their home country.

There must have been a situation/s where this has happened.

Therefore, Canada I do not think minds you bringing your whole family with but you must prove theoretically that you have a higher chance of being able to take care of yourself and your family during your studies because after your studies are complete, you can then get a job and continue to live within Canada on a more stable and responsible salary over being say being a barista during your studies.

This is why 3 year PGWP's are issued for even 2 year programs.

They want you to stay and they want you to be educated but they do not want you to run out of money and become a liability to the government during your studies. Because in the end who is going to pay the plane ticket to send you home if you are on the street homeless because you couldn't continue to survive and your visa has expired.

Deportation costs money as well.

Sounds extreme but I believe Canada uses the most extreme examples to make sure it never happens or it reduces the chance of it happening to a minimum.

Just my thoughts.
Well said.

We were determined from the beginning that either we all go together or else I won't go. Also adding spouse makes the application stronger if he/she has the required qualification and/or relevant work experience to fetch a decent job in Canada. By that way spouse can actually contribute to their economy which IRCC will always encourage, while the student is carrying out studies.

I really fail to understand the logic when a married student keeps silent about family unification while applying alone. But just after reaching Canada and settling there, the student wants the spouse to join him/her quoting family re-unification as the primary reason. Where was this concern when the SP was applied alone? In this case processing of SOWP files will take more time than it would have taken if applied together with SP.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
The process is not very straight forward anymore, there are bots involved now and we don't know what keywords they flag or what do they look at. Also don't forget the process of approval/rejection is very subjective. It totally depends on the VO in question. "IF" it is reviewed by a human VO and not a bot then yes, the SOP makes a lot of difference and how you overall explain your story matters. So yes, there is some element of luck involved here but if you do manage to explain your story well there is a possibility for you to get approved with your family.

Reactions: rsdapshis

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
However, after arriving in Canada and studying for few months, that person will ask his/her spouse to apply for SOWP. This clearly violates the initial logic written in the SOP and may cause rejection of the SOWP of the spouse.
This happens with 90% of the cases and this is a big loophole which IRCC is probably turning a blind eye to. There is no way they don't know this is happening. If I was IRCC, I would keep the process very transparent, keep a tick box if I want to bring my spouse? what skills they hold? how they fit into the job market and how we overall manage our funds? Apart from this, I will ask, if the student is interested in the PR program, They need immigrants and they have specific programs targeting students. If your profile fits into the skilled market and your finances are good, just approve it. Current process exposes it to lot of loopholes including making prospective students lie. Student stating in their SOP that they will return home does not make it legally binding and means nothing.

Last edited:

CNisU

Jan 7, 2022
The process is not very straight forward anymore, there are bots involved now and we don't know what keywords they flag or what do they look at. Also don't forget the process of approval/rejection is very subjective. It totally depends on the VO in question. "IF" it is reviewed by a human VO and not a bot then yes, the SOP makes a lot of difference and how you overall explain your story matters. So yes, there is some element of luck involved here but if you do manage to explain your story well there is a possibility for you to get approved with your family.
Hello, I was reminded of something when I read this comment. I heard that Non-SDS applications are dealt with by bots and SDS applications are reviewed by VOs(human beings). Is that true?

Nov 28, 2019
Application submitted - 15 Jan 2022
Boimetrics submitted -17 Jan 2022
Upfront medicals - 6 Dec 2021
Medical passed - 2 Feb 2022
Review- not started
SDS category. Applied alongwith spouse and kids

May 2022 intake

Reactions: rajapanesar

CNisU

Jan 7, 2022
I got to know that someone who applied in December received it a couple of months back and she is now in Canada. It's really hard to not get discouraged by whatever one hears. Checking the portal multiple times a day, praying for some good news..

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hello, I was reminded of something when I read this comment. I heard that Non-SDS applications are dealt with by bots and SDS applications are reviewed by VOs(human beings). Is that true?
No idea. IRCC works in mysterious ways. I know my last SDS application was rejected by a bot.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I got to know that someone who applied in December received it a couple of months back and she is now in Canada. It's really hard to not get discouraged by whatever one hears. Checking the portal multiple times a day, praying for some good news..
It totally depends in where you apply from, for Indians they are urgently processing files upto 10th Dec 21.

Reactions: CNisU

Mitya

Feb 26, 2022
Was this a SDS or NON-SDS application? It's not necessary always that medicals get updated before review starts.
Non SDS
So, my time-line is following:

-Confirmation of online application February 12 ; Background check at the same time
-letter with the biometric request February 13;
-Biometrics completed February 23 (updated 25)
-review of eligibility March 4