+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dec 2021 Visit Visa Applications pls share timelines

adgrys

Star Member
Feb 16, 2022
Application submitted —> December 13th 2021
Biometrics done previously still valid
Review started - May 19th 2022

Application had qualified for CAN + ( valid B1/B2 visa , expired Canadian visa ) travelled to both countries in the past.
Still taking more than 5 month.
Hope PPR is on the way
All the best!!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
3 days gone, and no update yet. I hope we get it this week.
i applied in nov 2021, review started on april 22, its almost a month now! we should be lucky enough to get through :( there is a different thread called stuck at eligibility review,where many like me are waiting (some since jan)

@fariya

May 16, 2022
i applied in nov 2021, review started on april 22, its almost a month now! we should be lucky enough to get through :( there is a different thread called stuck at eligibility review,where many like me are waiting (some since jan)
Fingers crossed , hoping for the best .
Did you try raising a webform to check on status

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Asked my MP to get an update on my mother’s and in-laws visitor visa applications and below is the response I got today:

• The TRV Application was received on December 23, 2021, at the New Delhi Office.
  • The criminality verifications are passed.
  • The eligibility verifications have not started at the moment.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurateprocessing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

natv

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Asked my MP to get an update on my mother’s and in-laws visitor visa applications and below is the response I got today:

• The TRV Application was received on December 23, 2021, at the New Delhi Office.
  • The criminality verifications are passed.
  • The eligibility verifications have not started at the moment.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurateprocessing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
My local MP's office reached out to me again today to gather the same information which I provided them about 1.5 months back. At this point, all the government offices seem to be incompetent to me.

Reactions: Cynicalmonk

natv

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Strange update. The eligibility review went back to
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Really frustrated and disappointed with how this department works.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
omg never seen this happening

meet311

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hey please don’t panic.. stay positive.. as you said MP reached out to you.. they must be updating some information behind and approval might be coming.. is this happening for all your applications?

natv

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hey please don't panic.. stay positive.. as you said, MP reached out to you.. they must be updating some information behind and approval might be coming.. is this happening for all your applications?
Yes, for both mom and dad. I applied for them together.
I don't know how helpful the MP's office would be. It would be just an update on where the file is.
I read that this happens when your file gets transferred to another VO in some other group. So, it starts from scratch again.

adgrys

Star Member
Feb 16, 2022
never heard of it before, but hey, stay positive, these updates doesn't matter much, some people get the PPR even when this status is never changed!!

Newperson123

Sep 6, 2020
Old app-novemeber28,2020
Biometric- august2021
New ircc portal app-12 December 2021
Old app withdrawn-23 april 2022
Passport request and bvl-19 may 2022

good luck to everyone..even i lost hope as it's been two years..
P.S. on 18th i raised webform with new delhi vo nd luckily they checked my file next day and got ppr.