+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Death of my 1 year old son after getting visa. PLEASE HELP.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
I got visa for me, my wife and my 1 year old son (fsw2014). We also booked our tickets for 25th of July. Unfortunately, after booking, my son is no more now, he died in hospital.
In COPR it is mentioned to inform embassy in writting and return the visa. Also they need death certificate.

My questions are:
1) Shall i hand over the documents directly to embassy or go through VFS?
2) Do i need to submit my(principal applicants') visa and copr?
3) How long will it take to get green signal as our tickets are booked.

Any kind of help will be appriciated.
Thanks

honeyflower

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no advice to offer on visa but just want to say really sorry about son. May you get some peace during this hard time.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
honeyflower said:
I have no advice to offer on visa but just want to say really sorry about son. May you get some peace during this hard time.
Thanx.. I cant find anything online regarding this.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gagsv said:
I got visa for me, my wife and my 1 year old son (fsw2014). We also booked our tickets for 25th of July. Unfortunately, after booking, my son is no more now, he died in hospital.
In COPR it is mentioned to inform embassy in writting and return the visa. Also they need death certificate.

My questions are:

Thanks
So sorry about you loss. May God see you thru this trying time. Pls just raise CSE to ur visa office with ur application number and inform them of this. They will get back to you immediately. U can also use the email address they used to correspond with you to also inform them. They will also get back to u.

Waqas Rashid

Sep 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
gagsv said:

My questions are:

Thanks
Sad to learnt his. May the departed soul rest in peace.

genajamaica

Sep 29, 2011
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-05-2015
Med's Request
29-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
not yet
My deepest condolence to you and your family, my prayers are with you, the visa office states that all changes should be communicated to them as soon as possible. You may send to both just to be on the safe side and request a urgent reply as you have already book your tickets.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
genajamaica said:
My deepest condolence to you and your family, my prayers are with you, the visa office states that all changes should be communicated to them as soon as possible. You may send to both just to be on the safe side and request a urgent reply as you have already book your tickets.
Thanks everyone, I have sent emails to both embassy and visa office informing about the death and enquiring about next steps. I hope i get a reply on Monday.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
gagsv said:
]

My deepest condolence to you and your family...MY God give you and your family strength to bear this pain...
Do send cse to visa office if not sent yet...
They will reply you soon

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Shocking! Sorry to know that brother, may God give you & family peace!

Raise a CSE immediately to the VO email address mentioning details and your booked flight, they will revert quickly for sure.

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
So sorry for your loss, gagsz.

May God grant you the fortitude to bear this great loss.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
gagsv said:

My questions are:

Thanks
AM so sorry for your loss, may God give u and wife strength through this period. Such incidence that i saw before the wife was the principal applicant and the husband died few weeks to departure with booked ticket. She went ahead with her travel plans along with his death certificate and his visa was cancelled at the port of entry. Just raise a CSE and go ahead with your travel plans, i know very soon you will laugh again.

Goodluck

Kayb

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks everyone for the condolences. It was the best feeling when he was born, and the worst feeling when he was gone. I think I can never be 100% happy again. We were shopping and packing our bags in excitement, and now, all gone.

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
Kayb said:
AM so sorry for your loss, may God give u and wife strength through this period. Such incidence that i saw before the wife was the principal applicant and the husband died few weeks to departure with booked ticket. She went ahead with her travel plans along with his death certificate and his visa was cancelled at the port of entry. Just raise a CSE and go ahead with your travel plans, i know very soon you will laugh again.

Goodluck

Kayb
Thanks, I have raised CSE and also mailed DELHI IM ENQUIRY. I also called VFS and they say they can get my son's visa cancelled at no cost within 2-3 days. Then I called Delhi embassy, they asked me to send an email to DelhiIM Enquiry, which I said have already done, then they checked and told me that they have forwarded my email to required department. Now i need to wait for the reply. Also, I told them that we have got our flight tickets booked, they said cant do anything in that, you just need to wait for the reply.

I think we will have to cancel or postpone our tickets.

Arvind Sharda

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application.
File Transfer...
03-12-2014. A generic TLU regarding file transfer also updated.
Med's Request
9 th Oct.
gagsv said:
Thanks everyone for the condolences. It was the best feeling when he was born, and the worst feeling when he was gone. I think I can never be 100% happy again. We were shopping and packing our bags in excitement, and now, all gone.

Really sad to know about this unfateful news. My heartfelt prayers to God to give you and your family the strength to cope up this hard time. Your child will surely rejoin you in new land . Have faith in God. Go Ahead Move on...