+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear VIP members please reply!

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Just how strong is the "being removed from Canada as a minor" ground? I was removed as a minor and the circustances were indeed beyond my control. I loved Canada as a child. Anyways, I have great results and merit scholarships from great Candian universities now and I turned 18 less than a year ago. I also have an uncle who has been a Canadian citizen since 1994 who has no kids. I have included all these facts along with a "letter of support" from my uncle in my application for a travel document. My PR card expired in 2010. What are the chances of my application being approved? My whole future depends on this and I have already accepted my offer from McGill. Please tell me how good my chances are. And if the decision is negative will there be a way to appeal??

Thank You!! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being removed as a minor gives you a pretty strong case and if they do refuse, you can appeal.

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Thanks that is really hopeful. Could you tell me what exactly happens if I chose to appeal? And how long does the process usually take??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riasat94 said:
Thanks that is really hopeful. Could you tell me what exactly happens if I chose to appeal? And how long does the process usually take??
If you appeal, they will process your appeal. I do not know how long it takes.

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
When I go to Canada after receiving my travel documents, will I be able to apply for a new PR card right a way or will I have to stay the allotted period of time??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll have to return to Canada and remain in Canada until you meet the residency obligation - then apply to renew your PR card.

Getting the TD doesn't mean you're exempt from the residency requirement.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riasat94 said:
When I go to Canada after receiving my travel documents, will I be able to apply for a new PR card right a way or will I have to stay the allotted period of time??
You can apply for a PR Card giving the same reasons as those for getting a TD. However case law is that the second officer in this case CIC Sidney does not necessarily have to follow the first officer's (who issued TD at visa office) decision unless the applications are identical including a same or very close date of application.

In your shoes I would appreciate the good fortune of receiving a TD and sit tight in Canada for 2 years but its your call. Why the rush to apply for a PR Card?

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
No no there is no rush! Just curious as my uncle and I were debating about this. Yeh you are right I'd be lucky enough just to get a TD! No reason to rock the boat and call on more trouble by applying for a PR card. Trust me if I do have the good fortune of getting a TD, I could "sit tight" in Canada forever without complaining! ;D

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Hey can any of you tell me how I will be informed once a decision is made? My visa office is in Singapore and I am in Bangladesh. Will I get an email or a letter? Will the application tracking facility on their website be updated to let me know once a decision is made? Right now it says "being processed".

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Riasat94 said:
Hey can any of you tell me how I will be informed once a decision is made? My visa office is in Singapore and I am in Bangladesh. Will I get an email or a letter? Will the application tracking facility on their website be updated to let me know once a decision is made? Right now it says "being processed".
You might get an e-mail but it wont mention the outcome, just that processing is over. You'll only know once the status changes to passport sent to applicant. I'm afraid you'll only know the final outcome though when it actually reaches you.

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
I just got my passport back today! I am going back to Canada as a PR!!! ;D ;D Thank you everyone for all your help!! :')

HOH

Oct 18, 2010
Congrats. McGill is a good English speaking University in a charming city called Montreal.
I have a question for seniors...
You can apply for a PR Card giving the same reasons as those for getting a TD. However case law is that the second officer in this case CIC Sidney does not necessarily have to follow the first officer's (who issued TD at visa office) decision unless the applications are identical including a same or very close date of application.
In your shoes I would appreciate the good fortune of receiving a TD and sit tight in Canada for 2 years but its your call. Why the rush to apply for a PR Card?
Based on http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/tdpr_info_tvrp.aspx, I disagree.
I see no reason why would second CIC officer dispute a decision made by first CIC officer!? Where this came from? Could you provide any supporting link, please?

Thanks

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
PrincessLuna said:
Would you mind posting the different evidence you submitted for H%C grounds?
H&C grounds are different for each individual. Habing been removed as a minor gave me a pretty concrete case. In addition I also included several reasons why my family was obliged to return like my mother's medical issues, and an ongoing case about some valuable land here in our country. I provided supporting documents like my mother's doctor's notes and test results from here and from Canada indicating that she needed assistance to take care of her children, as well as documents provided our lawyer which gave a brief summary of the case.