+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear Qorax Please need your advise on PR retake photos

canadadreamz

Sep 27, 2010
Hi Qorax, I landed in June with my family and after 2 weeks we left canada because of job problem. I had given my friend's address and he received my and my wife's PR card after 8 weeks. but for my son he did not receive the PR card but today he received letter from CIC to bring him to office and retake his photographs and they have given appointment for that but we are out of canada and can not attend the appointment.

In this case what we can do ? they have clearly mentioned that we can not send photos by mail and we must attend the appointment other wise if we need to re apply for PR card with the application.

Please advise what is the best option for us ?

many thanks in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U cannot do any thing now while being abroad. PRC is one thing (I always advice) which should be our priority one & we mustn't leave Canada until we receive them - exactly for the same reason as yours.

Now all u can do is to do the needful (only) once u have reEntered Canada. Then take your child to the nearest Service Canada office & get it going. If u make it back in 180 days, the PRC is yet Free to u (which is part of the RPRF). If u do not - u'd require to file-in a fresh PR Card Application & pay the fees ($100).

All the best!

Qorax

chrisdalop

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Hi Qorax, please give me advise. I will be landing in Alberta next week. I will be bringing 5,000 CAD and the rest proof of Funds will be a latest bank certificate from my bank in the Philippines amounting 500,000 pesos. Would that be enough to the Immigration officer to show my settlement funds at the Port of Entry in Canada? Waiting for your reply.Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chrisdalop said:
Hi Qorax, please give me advise. I will be landing in Alberta next week. I will be bringing 5,000 CAD and the rest proof of Funds will be a latest bank certificate from my bank in the Philippines amounting 500,000 pesos. Would that be enough to the Immigration officer to show my settlement funds at the Port of Entry in Canada? Waiting for your reply.Thanks
IMHO, they will NOT ACCEPT that bank statement & u run into a situation of being denied entry (an extreme step, but very probable).

Qorax

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hello canadadreamz,
Can u pls tell me ur landing date because I also have the same photo issue and waiting for the appointment date from their side.We landed on 24 june 2010.
regards
pammi