+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear Qorax..Please advice regd.

Dec 9, 2009
It is a Good strategy. I am looking for job from last 2 months and not even had a single interview. Even i tried for a Dishwasher job and no chances here in Toronto.Job condition is really worse.

The above message was written by Hot-lier in the topic Not good news from Canada by accounts.
After reading this i am very much in dilemma to move to canada in such a difficult situation. Is the statement made above by Hot lier is true. Kindly let me know please.Because he is saying that he can't find even a job of Dishwasher.

Thank your Dear Qorax, anxiously waiting for reply.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since question is meant for Qorax I will not answer it.

But Hot Lier is a senior member and I see no reason why you doubt his statement.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear 21st June 1985,

Job front is a bit tight everywhere. The hunting process is the same everywhere too. But, does that hold us back to be optimistic? And does it hold us back too look forward to better options in our own home countries?

No. We keep trying & eventually do succeed as well. It's all in our head. The outlook in Canada is far better than other nations, currently. I further suggest that it is not that grim. It's how we look at it? What & where exactly we are searching? Am I hitting the right spots? Am I stuck with only Toronto? Why I don't search in Calgary, Ottawa, winnipeg etc.? Why one perticular stream? Etc. etc...

At the strain of looking extreme optimistic, let me add, 'why there are so many positions in www.workopolis.ca?" Are they really talking nonsense? Are those positions just a trick to mistrack us? Are they worth their salt?

Similarly, the classifieds at Toronto Star are packed with openings. Are those advertisers purely wasting their money & time posting those jobs? And if it is that grim, how are they bearing the cost of those ads?

Now to a realtime picture. How come my associate office at Toronto is still getting contracts? How come they are able to fulfil their manpower requirement/s everytime? How come, for their last contract in Dec-09 they could place 36 applicants, within 6 days? Now, they are not into mainstream vocations, but the jobs are respectable. And there is no dirth of right manpower.

As an end note... though all posters on that thread [u referred] have provided a right perspective, but that shouldn't dishearten us. With the right kind of mindset, some positive thinking, taking practical & calculated risks, we should be able to get a hold of the job market, in Canada, within 2-3 months. A starter job can be had in a week to 10 days, if I look for it rightly.

Things are not that bad... Go for it... I am going for it... next month... join me...

All the best!
Qorax.

Dec 9, 2009
thank you very much for your prompt reply. Dear qorox the words i am going for it ..next month join me. what does it mean i could not understand, have you not landed in canada.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
21685 said:
thank you very much for your prompt reply. Dear qorox the words i am going for it ..next month join me. what does it mean i could not understand, have you not landed in canada.
Ohh No... Not yet. Booked by BA to Toronto for 10-3-2010.
Been there earlier though, couple of times.

Dec 9, 2009
OK thank you, i am planning to leave on 20.5.2010, so please post your post landing experience and one more thing which i like to ask you about your native place to which place your belong.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Dear 21st June 1985,

Job front is a bit tight everywhere. The hunting process is the same everywhere too. But, does that hold us back to be optimistic? And does it hold us back too look forward to better options in our own home countries?

No. We keep trying & eventually do succeed as well. It's all in our head. The outlook in Canada is far better than other nations, currently. I further suggest that it is not that grim. It's how we look at it? What & where exactly we are searching? Am I hitting the right spots? Am I stuck with only Toronto? Why I don't search in Calgary, Ottawa, winnipeg etc.? Why one perticular stream? Etc. etc...

At the strain of looking extreme optimistic, let me add, 'why there are so many positions in www.workopolis.ca?" Are they really talking nonsense? Are those positions just a trick to mistrack us? Are they worth their salt?

Similarly, the classifieds at Toronto Star are packed with openings. Are those advertisers purely wasting their money & time posting those jobs? And if it is that grim, how are they bearing the cost of those ads?

Now to a realtime picture. How come my associate office at Toronto is still getting contracts? How come they are able to fulfil their manpower requirement/s everytime? How come, for their last contract in Dec-09 they could place 36 applicants, within 6 days? Now, they are not into mainstream vocations, but the jobs are respectable. And there is no dirth of right manpower.

As an end note... though all posters on that thread [u referred] have provided a right perspective, but that shouldn't dishearten us. With the right kind of mindset, some positive thinking, taking practical & calculated risks, we should be able to get a hold of the job market, in Canada, within 2-3 months. A starter job can be had in a week to 10 days, if I look for it rightly.

Things are not that bad... Go for it... I am going for it... next month... join me...

All the best!
Qorax.

Dear Qorax,

I agree with you. many job sites are full with vacancies and even I am seeing some times, some are offering money to refer there posted job to other candidate. In this forum when reading some post that people are not getting survival job it makes some confusion and worry ??
In any new city or new country we need to study the way how to approach and see what is the right channel to approach. I am sure that Canada needs skilled worker thats why they made fast track to get quickly skilled manpower with sound amount of foreigner money in to their economy and as well in the country. (I am not an expert on economy jut only giving my opinion. If some one agree or disagree welcome)
Even look at the CAD Dollar going up and up now almost it is equal to US Dollar???

syema

Jul 6, 2011
Dear Qorax,

I needed advice from you regarding Federal skill program as i have few doubts and i hope you could clear them. I am a computer science graduate with HR experience ( HR Manager experience of 1 and half year). Am i eligible to apply for the category Human Resource Manager (0112) as i am not a business graduate.

Thanks,
Saima.