+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear members need help

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Dear members,
This forum is always helpful through out my whole process. I am planning to land in March 2015 as a pr. I am curious about Burlington, Ontario. Is there anyone who can shed some light on the life there, jobs opportunities, safety and also about community and schooling. Thanks in advance.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
try googling "settlement agency + burlington, on" or "immigrant services + burlington, on" to find an organization that helps immigrants settle in that area. they can be wealth of knowledge and help.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
It is a bad place to settle.

It is not cheap and unless you find a job in Burlington you will waste a lot of time travelling.

Most people who live in Burlington drive or take a GO train to Toronto.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry to disturb you guys but can some one tell me the difference between Mississauga and Brampton and also which is better to live. Thanks in advance.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani12335 said:
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry to disturb you guys but can some one tell me the difference between Mississauga and Brampton and also which is better to live. Thanks in advance.
Mississauga & Brampton are suburbs of Toronto.

Which one is better? It depends. I am not sure from which country you are. But if you are an indian or pakistani there are lots and lots of them there in brampton.
Mississauga is more diverse compared to brampton.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
tiarachel85 said:
Mississauga & Brampton are suburbs of Toronto.

Which one is better? It depends. I am not sure from which country you are. But if you are an indian or pakistani there are lots and lots of them there in brampton.
Mississauga is more diverse compared to brampton.

thanks a lot. I am more concerned about quality of life,safety, better school, near to amenities. I will buy car as well so transit no issue. better housing, friendly neighbourhood.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
thanks a lot. I am more concerned about quality of life,safety, better school, near to amenities. I will buy car as well so transit no issue. better housing, friendly neighbourhood.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani12335 said:
In my opinion, both Mississauga & Brampton won't be a good choice if you have a car. Insurance rates are very very high there.

It will be better if you live in hamilton or burlington

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
If you are going to drive then Burlington is ok.

If you are going to rent then Burlington is much better than Hamilton.

Hamilton is not very safe and somewhat unsanitary. The city is ok, but there are a lot of rats and bugs in the buildings.

If you are going to buy then I would recommend living in Hamilton because the real estate is very cheap with a lot of upside potential.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Thank you @mrbeachman for your kind suggestion. Can anyone also tell about job prospects in Burlington. I spent 9 years in UK so English not issue also have full Uk license which will be converted. Did working in marketing as well.

deepshre

Oct 16, 2010
If you concern about jobs live in Toronto. Scarborough, North York are really nice places near by of Toronto Downtown and your kids will definitely enjoy it.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hi Mani, I read the Metronews yesterday and there's an article about a website that was launched to help newcomers. It's a free tool matching newcomers with the neighborhood they have in mind. Try visiting www.navut.com. Hope this helps.