waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Dear Canada,

Thank you for allowing my immigrant ancestors into your borders 100 years ago last month. Times back then where much simpler weren't they. Immigrants 100 years ago wanted to come to Canada to improve there way of life, willing to work hard and expect no health care or free ride. These are confusing times for you now, with MOC's, Immigration fraud and those that only want to come for freebie's that our immigrant forefathers worked so hard for. Most of our new applicants are very trustworthy and want only the same as our forefathers. How do we know who is trustworthy and who are frauds. Those are come to commit violence or terrorism or those that come to add to your beauty and grace you with your thier presence. Ah, confusing times indeed. Hopefully in the not-to-distant future technology can provide you with some guidance, a way to allow those who want to contribute to join us in a quicker period of time.
I have been witness to your beauty, watching whales on the shores in BC, dipping in your lavish green water under your majestics rockies, the gentle swaying of your wheat fields bristling with golden sunlight, your endless lakes teeming with food, your historic buildings built by your newly landed immigrants, the power of your nor-easterns. By your grace I have been to many countries in the world and have always been given a "welcome home" by your officials. The last time I crossed into warmth I was accompanied by one of your newest immigrants whom you also welcomed home. For all of these reasons, I proudly call you my home. Protect your borders wisely but fairly "Oh my Canada"

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really shouldn't do this but I will.

Dear Applicant,

I'm trying. There are so many of you! I've tried my best to make the process as straightforward as possible but I know there are flaws. At least I don't "make" you hire someone to help you, unlike other countries that will remain unnamed. But some of you really should get help because you keep messing up my beautiful application forms and not providing me with the information I asked for. Anyhoo, I hope you realize that I've had to decrease my budget by 5% each of the last two years. While I didn't experience the full brunt of the recession I still had some major pains.

It would also be nice if the weirdos and creeps would stop taking advantage of my children. When my kids go and fall in love with these people only to realize they were just being used, who do you think they come crying to? ME! Like I'm supposed to just know that the person you claimed was the "love of your life" in your application and who you begged me to let in, even when I sometimes tried to show you they were not true, was really the scum of the earth and just wanted to take advantage of me and you? I'm sorry but I'm no fortune teller and I can't read people's minds. Besides, you are supposed to know them much better than I can. Yes, I called you "children" but really, I'm not your mother.

And since we are at it, could you remind folks not to send me fake stuff? That might speed things up if I could actually trust that what you send me is real. You know who you are.

I won't compromise on making it easier for those with a criminal history or who may be a danger to others. You reap what you sow and I'm sorry but I don't want you. It took a lot of hard work to make this a great country. I'm not going to let anyone mess it up.

To all of you other wonderful people, stay strong and be patient. Be confident that if you've been honest with me and given me everything I need to know, then you will be treated fairly. I am happy to welcome all those who want to be reunited with their partners and to work together to make me strong.

Not to brag or anything but while I'm far from perfect, I think I'm worth the wait. Hopefully we will live a long and happy life together.

Sincerely,

Canada
The True North Strong and Free (and proud of it)

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
Dear Canada-

If only love were a matter of choice! How easy it would be if I somehow woke up this morning, and found that I was now in love with another American citizen instead of a Canadian one.

How much red tape I could have avoided! How much easier it would have been to slip under CBSA's scrutiny whenever I'd cross the border! I'd still have an unflagged passport and would be traveling to visit your awesomeness regularly with my American sweetheart.

But no. For some reason you house my soulmate, the one I know is right for me. And now I am forced to be interrogated like a criminal, have my suitcase completely searched, (including my journals, how embarrassing!)forced to give out the names of family and friends, sometimes even the places I've worked for so you can interrogate them as well, only to be rejected YET AGAIN because it 'appears i have no intention of leaving'

Did it ever occur to you that I am a terrible liar? That it's in my nature to be honest and truthful? I tell your IOs the facts. That me coming to this country to stay for a long period of time (six months or so) is to be able to have a good shot at the Family Class PRV and be with my soulmate? I don't intend to stay here permanently until I receive such, why can you not trust me? I'm not a criminal, my record is spotless. I've never overstayed, there is no reason for this.

Also, did it ever occur to you that my love is disabled and has medical issues? And because of that, she really can't visit the USA where I am? And don't even think about sending her here to immigrate! Our health care system would rob her savings dry, and I doubt someone on government disability would be allows to immigrate to USA anyway. So in order for us to be together, the pressure is ALL ON ME to make the visits and to not slip up in any way. And I am someone who really really dislikes confrontation, hates lying, and does not want to do anything illegal and is completely in WAY over her head.

At least tell your IOs to be a bit more lenient given the circumstances. I want to do things the right way. But your rules make it VERY hard to do such when you have a Canadian lover with so many exceptional circumstances. You're a beautiful country, and being born in North Dakota, I appreciate your snowy cold winters. It reminds me of home. I really hope we come to terms soon

Sincerely, Kristi

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
rjessome said:
I really shouldn't do this but I will.

(..)
And I'm glad you did! Very creative and heart warming. A new take on this topic. Keep it coming!

I promise to write a poem when I land as a PR :)

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
Dear Canada,
I was very disappointed 5 years ago when I applied for a visitor visa to travel to your great and vast land to see the love of my life after he left Jamaica. At the time I was very angry that you rejected me but I knew that one day you would accept me. So months later when you decided to accept me temporarily as a student I was only too happy. Since the day that I set foot in you, over 4 years ago I have been looking forward to being accepted permanently by you.

I must admit that I have had some love/dislike feelings about you in the past, but that is all behind us now. Now I just want to say thank you for not putting me through a long and painful wait as I was expecting when I first applied. I am now looking forward to the next 2 years when I can apply to become an official adopted child of yours.

Sincerely and One Love,
Jamaicanincanada

P.S. I hope you don’t think that I am pushing it but can you just please hurry up and finalise my fiance’s citizenship application. Even you can admit that it has been a long time for him.

H

helloji

canuck0469 said:
Dear Canada,

Thank you for allowing my immigrant ancestors into your borders 100 years ago last month. Times back then where much simpler weren't they. Immigrants 100 years ago wanted to come to Canada to improve there way of life, willing to work hard and expect no health care or free ride. These are confusing times for you now, with MOC's, Immigration fraud and those that only want to come for freebie's that our immigrant forefathers worked so hard for. Most of our new applicants are very trustworthy and want only the same as our forefathers. How do we know who is trustworthy and who are frauds. Those are come to commit violence or terrorism or those that come to add to your beauty and grace you with your thier presence. Ah, confusing times indeed. Hopefully in the not-to-distant future technology can provide you with some guidance, a way to allow those who want to contribute to join us in a quicker period of time.
I have been witness to your beauty, watching whales on the shores in BC, dipping in your lavish green water under your majestics rockies, the gentle swaying of your wheat fields bristling with golden sunlight, your endless lakes teeming with food, your historic buildings built by your newly landed immigrants, the power of your nor-easterns. By your grace I have been to many countries in the world and have always been given a "welcome home" by your officials. The last time I crossed into warmth I was accompanied by one of your newest immigrants whom you also welcomed home. For all of these reasons, I proudly call you my home. Protect your borders wisely but fairly "Oh my Canada"
:)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's exactly what I thought it was - a helicopter. And when you used it, I was like, um, I don't think she's talking about Canada's helicopters :D So I presume the helicopter is named after the atmospheric effect.......

You mean when you say you have to "plug in" your car, you DON'T mean you have an electric car?? :-[ Okay, wild guess......is this Canadian slang for filling up with gas?? Oh my, I didn't know I was so lacking in the Canadian terms and phrases department!! Blame it on living in Quebec and being married to a naturalized citizen who totally does not speak the national parlance, apparently.

jayde said:
LOL thanks :) Don't feel bad... my husband thought that when I said I had to plug in my car, that it meant I had an electric car :) The first time I told him about a chinook, he thought I meant a helicopter.

His first trip here he told me he was nearly in a mid-air collision, and I was shocked.. then he explained that as they were banking into the Calgary airport, they nearly ran into a chinook ::) What a turkey!

He calls all the different things we say, "Canadian-ese"

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hang in there kurisuti :'(
Kurisuti said:
Dear Canada-

If only love were a matter of choice! How easy it would be if I somehow woke up this morning, and found that I was now in love with another American citizen instead of a Canadian one.

How much red tape I could have avoided! How much easier it would have been to slip under CBSA's scrutiny whenever I'd cross the border! I'd still have an unflagged passport and would be traveling to visit your awesomeness regularly with my American sweetheart.

But no. For some reason you house my soulmate, the one I know is right for me. And now I am forced to be interrogated like a criminal, have my suitcase completely searched, (including my journals, how embarrassing!)forced to give out the names of family and friends, sometimes even the places I've worked for so you can interrogate them as well, only to be rejected YET AGAIN because it 'appears i have no intention of leaving'

Did it ever occur to you that I am a terrible liar? That it's in my nature to be honest and truthful? I tell your IOs the facts. That me coming to this country to stay for a long period of time (six months or so) is to be able to have a good shot at the Family Class PRV and be with my soulmate? I don't intend to stay here permanently until I receive such, why can you not trust me? I'm not a criminal, my record is spotless. I've never overstayed, there is no reason for this.

Also, did it ever occur to you that my love is disabled and has medical issues? And because of that, she really can't visit the USA where I am? And don't even think about sending her here to immigrate! Our health care system would rob her savings dry, and I doubt someone on government disability would be allows to immigrate to USA anyway. So in order for us to be together, the pressure is ALL ON ME to make the visits and to not slip up in any way. And I am someone who really really dislikes confrontation, hates lying, and does not want to do anything illegal and is completely in WAY over her head.

At least tell your IOs to be a bit more lenient given the circumstances. I want to do things the right way. But your rules make it VERY hard to do such when you have a Canadian lover with so many exceptional circumstances. You're a beautiful country, and being born in North Dakota, I appreciate your snowy cold winters. It reminds me of home. I really hope we come to terms soon

Sincerely, Kristi

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
ddobro2 said:
That's exactly what I thought it was - a helicopter. And when you used it, I was like, um, I don't think she's talking about Canada's helicopters :D So I presume the helicopter is named after the atmospheric effect.......

You mean when you say you have to "plug in" your car, you DON'T mean you have an electric car?? :-[ Okay, wild guess......is this Canadian slang for filling up with gas?? Oh my, I didn't know I was so lacking in the Canadian terms and phrases department!! Blame it on living in Quebec and being married to a naturalized citizen who totally does not speak the national parlance, apparently.
A chinook is a weather phenomenon specific to southern Alberta... basically it means that even when it is VERY cold everywhere else, we have a warm cushion of air that envelops us from the rockies... makes for windy but warmer/milder winters where we're at sometimes.

And... cars generally need a block heater installed in them when they are subjected to frigid winters. It prevents serious damage being done to your car by trying to start it when it's too cold. It is a standard feature here (at least in Alberta) for cars to have block heaters, and when it's cold, you plug it in and you can hope your car will start in the morning :) (most days anyway).

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
jayde said:
A chinook is a weather phenomenon specific to southern Alberta... basically it means that even when it is VERY cold everywhere else, we have a warm cushion of air that envelops us from the rockies... makes for windy but warmer/milder winters where we're at sometimes.

And... cars generally need a block heater installed in them when they are subjected to frigid winters. It prevents serious damage being done to your car by trying to start it when it's too cold. It is a standard feature here (at least in Alberta) for cars to have block heaters, and when it's cold, you plug it in and you can hope your car will start in the morning :) (most days anyway).
I always meant to google it but never got around to, but I was pretty confident that a chinook is an animal :p Thanks for the info though! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for those explanations. Okay, when I looked the chinook up in Wikipedia I got the general gist but didn't recall seeing it was specific to southern Alberta.....that is really interesting. You guys living there must feel special.....like you're blanketed or protected by this special pocket of warm air thanks to the mountains. Maybe one day I can visit and see for myself. I have never been west of Kansas City, Missouri!! Travel fail! While watching TV, I also learned that something like a quarter of the world's rain forests are found in British Columbia (this was from a gov't agency ad), which totally blew my mind. So many surprising things about Canada. It really makes an American give second thought to the specialness of the country.

So I was not even close about the plugging in thing! Ok, that sounds interesting and useful.
jayde said:

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
mexicanito said:
Lol... mine would read "Dear Canada, I never gave a cr @ p about you, I was happy in the states, never thought of coming to live to the cold northern dominion... between my warm California beaches and the New Mexico beautiful scenery I never thought I would have to give it away so I could get to know what a real winter is... But my beautiful wife was born in your cold lands and we lived for some years in the states and she missed your cold and bland tasteless food... one day finally she convinced to give you a try... I am still not crazy about you Canada, with your awful broken immigration system and how slow you process everything... but for the love of a woman, here I am, in your cold lands... Winter is coming"

hahaha My California born and raised husband's letter would be very similar. He really does NOT like living here, its been quite an adjustment for him. He hates the food and the weather, and we live in Vancouver, which is the mildest city. I can only imagine how miserable he would be if I lived in Winnipeg or something.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Dear Canada,

I'm Canadian. Why you gotta make this so hard?

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tulamoon said:
hahaha My California born and raised husband's letter would be very similar. He really does NOT like living here, its been quite an adjustment for him. He hates the food and the weather, and we live in Vancouver, which is the mildest city. I can only imagine how miserable he would be if I lived in Winnipeg or something.
I live in Edmonton and I am almost crying while I contemplate how close winter is... I was born in Los Angeles but raised in mexico city, and then went back to L.A. ... so the food and the weather here are very very bad for me... I haven't fund ONE real mexican restaurant and it took me about 5 months to find a place selling tortillas (several pounds gained since...) and actually if CIC would deny me PR I would just make a party because it would mean we would go back to the states... but Canada has many things that are cool... so... honestly, I surrender to His divine plan...