+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daughter wants to go to college

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
New to NS, awaiting Spousal Sponorship, PR card and OWP (up to a year :-()., can we discuss the options/costs for a college place now please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
New to NS, awaiting Spousal Sponorship, PR card and OWP (up to a year :-()., can we discuss the options/costs for a college place now please?
Assume daughter will have PR. Does she want to go to college or university? Stay in NS? If so, there are only a handful of universities and colleges. Universities will cost more per year than college.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cost / options to go to college in Canada can be found in the internet. You had more than 6 months since your first post in this forum and it doesn't seem you figured out....

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
Assume daughter will have PR. Does she want to go to college or university? Stay in NS? If so, there are only a handful of universities and colleges. Universities will cost more per year than college.
Yes we are both sponsored by my hubby so we will both have PR cards....eventually! She wants to do a photography course at college not uni. I guess it is going to be easier and cheaper to apply once we have PR cards? Because I believe right now she would need a study visa 1st and we would be charged 'international' fees i.e. double the cost, I have seen it would be around $11,000o_O

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
The cost / options to go to college in Canada can be found in the internet. You had more than 6 months since your first post in this forum and it doesn't seem you figured out....
I arrived here the beginning of September, I had to sell everything I owned to get here and we have been desperately looking for a house to buy. We moved in December the 5th and after a massive load of work and things to collect for immigration, only now do I have a chance to investigate her options more thoroughly.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I arrived here the beginning of September, I had to sell everything I owned to get here and we have been desperately looking for a house to buy. We moved in December the 5th and after a massive load of work and things to collect for immigration, only now do I have a chance to investigate her options more thoroughly.
But your first post in this forum was in June 2021 .....

About house buying, did you put up an offer but lost the bidding? Btw, I thought your husband well settled in NS and wouldn't need to buy a new house...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes we are both sponsored by my hubby so we will both have PR cards....eventually! She wants to do a photography course at college not uni. I guess it is going to be easier and cheaper to apply once we have PR cards? Because I believe right now she would need a study visa 1st and we would be charged 'international' fees i.e. double the cost, I have seen it would be around $11,000o_O
Wait to have PR cards. $11k is not that much. Domestic tuition at Dal is $9k. College will be cheaper but budget if she will not live at home.

Reactions: BeaHon

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
But your first post in this forum was in June 2021 .....

About house buying, did you put up an offer but lost the bidding? Btw, I thought your husband well settled in NS and wouldn't need to buy a new house...
We lost A LOT of houses then due to bidding wars since June! Hubby moved here from Calgary 2018 and we were renting until we could buy.

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
We lost A LOT of houses then due to bidding wars since June! Hubby moved here from Calgary 2018 and we were renting until we could buy.
And you didn't have to be quite so blunt with me to be honest, you have no idea what we have been through.