+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

daughter not included as family member

chilidillys

Dec 14, 2009
Hi!

I'm a Filipina working here in Canada and after 4 months I can apply for permanent residence. My problem is when I first applied in Singapore to come to Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program I didn't include my only 7yr old illegitimate daughter as my family member to fear that my husband (we're already separated) would know that I have a child with someone else. But when I got here in Canada and everytime I changed employers, I already include her as my family member coz my friends and relatives asked me to do so. Now I'm gonna apply for PR on March2010, is there any possibility that my application will be denied or refused because I didn't include my child the first time I applied? Please help......... :(

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did lie to immigration, so it is a possibility. I'd advise getting a lawyer for this one.

chilidillys said:
Hi!

I'm a Filipina working here in Canada and after 4 months I can apply for permanent residence. My problem is when I first applied in Singapore to come to Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program I didn't include my only 7yr old illegitimate daughter as my family member to fear that my husband (we're already separated) would know that I have a child with someone else. But when I got here in Canada and everytime I changed employers, I already include her as my family member coz my friends and relatives asked me to do so. Now I'm gonna apply for PR on March2010, is there any possibility that my application will be denied or refused because I didn't include my child the first time I applied? Please help......... :(

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You have signed the certification in your submitted form IMM 5406E that the information contained in the form is complete, accurate and factual. ..................
Now you have to admit your mistake.!!

chilidillys said:
Hi!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it doesn't make sense why you didn't include into your application first time. you could mention her as not accompanying, but she would still be eligible for PR in future. now I don't see any way you can get her to Canada as PR.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only is you daughter excluded from the family class but you have misrepresented yourself to CIC and therefore, may be unable to become a PR. Good advice to get talk to a lawyer or consultant who specializes in family class applications.