+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daughter is a US citizen. Parents have PR card but the daughter does not..

Nov 7, 2019
Denver CO
Thanks. I will link them and let you know if anything shows up. However what is strange is, i didn't do anything like linking ( as u explained above) and still my wife and myself got our cards. But will do and share my experience here...
i am trying to link the application and it doesn't happen. It shows me an error. Below is the mesage

THE FORM COULD NOT BE SUBMITTED BECAUSE OF ERRORS WERE FOUND

VALIDATION ERROR - PLEASE PROVIDE NECESSARY INFORMATION BELOW TO CONTINUE

error description - The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing

I HAVE USED THE CATEGORY AS PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

i have tired to put the credentials ( Application number/UCI number ) of both my wife and my child. I have put my wife's credential coz she is the primary applicant. THen in the second try i put my daughter's credential still same error.

very frustrating..

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
i am trying to link the application and it doesn't happen. It shows me an error. Below is the mesage

THE FORM COULD NOT BE SUBMITTED BECAUSE OF ERRORS WERE FOUND

VALIDATION ERROR - PLEASE PROVIDE NECESSARY INFORMATION BELOW TO CONTINUE

error description - The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing

I HAVE USED THE CATEGORY AS PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

i have tired to put the credentials ( Application number/UCI number ) of both my wife and my child. I have put my wife's credential coz she is the primary applicant. THen in the second try i put my daughter's credential still same error.

very frustrating..
Do not use application number of your PR application. Like I already mentioned, PR card application is a different application and it has its own separate number. You will not know the PR card application number until you link it. There are other options to search for the application. Use UCI number of your child or other information to link your application.

Nov 7, 2019
Denver CO
Do not use application number of your PR application. Like I already mentioned, PR card application is a different application and it has its own separate number. You will not know the PR card application number until you link it. There are other options to search for the application. Use UCI number of your child or other information to link your application.
Ya. i used the UCI number and family name option . Still i am getting the same error..

Nov 7, 2019
Denver CO
You will likely have to be in Canada before getting her PR card if you both got your cards last year.
Hmm. If that is so how come me and my wife got our cards.

what i can think off is MAYBE the reason could be that the immigration officer asked us for the address where the card would be delivered. He made a note of that address on both our profiles BUT didn't ask for my daughter's add. We didn't even ask him anything either assuming that the card for my daughter would automatically come to our address...

Nov 7, 2019
Denver CO
You will likely have to be in Canada before getting her PR card if you both got your cards last year.
Is physical presence in Canada mandatory to get the card?

Can i just flagpole from US into Canada, register with Canadian immigration officer with the COPR and then immediately return back to US. This can be done if one lives near the border?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
When you link, enter all the details for your daughter only. For the PR card application, there is no principal/dependent. Each person is their own. Pay special attention to place of birth field. It must be exactly as in the COPR. Sometimes, there are weird reasons why the applications just doesn't link.

Your daughter being a USC does not really need a PR card for traveling, her US passport is sufficient. The PR card application itself is moot. However, the main concern is whether her landing is properly recorded in the system or not. Having a pending PR card application will confirm that her landing was recorded. Even if the address was not added to the application, one must have been created for her, so you should be able to link it.

In the worst case, you will have try calling IRCC using some Canadian number or some jugglery or contact them through webform/email. The main questions to ask are whether her landing is recorded, whether PR card application has been created and whether they need new photographs to process the application.

Nov 7, 2019
Denver CO
today i got a response to my webform request. Seems they have abandoned my daughter's PR application since we forgot to provide a Canadian address during COPR processing at the border. We assumed, since she was a minor, it would come to the address we provided for our cards. But it didnt work that. She will be required to reapply again for PR

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
today i got a response to my webform request. Seems they have abandoned my daughter's PR application since we forgot to provide a Canadian address during COPR processing at the border. We assumed, since she was a minor, it would come to the address we provided for our cards. But it didnt work that. She will be required to reapply again for PR
It was clearly the CBSA officer's mistake in taking your address but not adding it your daughter's application. But that's ok. Your daughter won't be able to apply for the PR card until she actually travels to Canada. But being a USC she does not need the card for traveling.
Just to reiterate, this is not 'PR application', but 'PR card application'. She is already a PR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We claimed refugee in canada. My son is usa born. While we both and our other son is not. Now our claim has been accepted while our us born son claim has been rejected. Should i get his passport back? How will we get his passport back.
You are best posting to the refugee section. Your US-born son can apply to have stay extended, don't know about the passport, I believe in due course you'd be able to sponsor the son to become PR. But repeat: post in the refugee/protected person forum here, not an area I know much aboutr.