+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DATV (Direct Airside Transit visa) from Canada to India and vice-versa

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I know this question must have been posted a couple of times already on this forum. But as the time passed the transit visa rules must have changed as well.
I am a Canadian permanent residency valid card holder having a layover of 1 hr in LHR on my way to India from Canada and 4 hr layover on my way back to Canada. Somebody please confirm if i require a transit visa?
Because, even the UK site is not clear enough on this and just say,
" You don’t need a visa if you have:
  • a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country) " Not sure if that also includes a permanent residency card holder.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know this question must have been posted a couple of times already on this forum. But as the time passed the transit visa rules must have changed as well.
I am a Canadian permanent residency valid card holder having a layover of 1 hr in LHR on my way to India from Canada and 4 hr layover on my way back to Canada. Somebody please confirm if i require a transit visa?
Because, even the UK site is not clear enough on this and just say,
" You don’t need a visa if you have:
  • a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country) " Not sure if that also includes a permanent residency card holder.
You do not require any transit visa for a layover in LHR

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much a quick reply @Bryanna Just came through a website that says Canadian Permanent visa also require a transit visa. Please visit the link provided and advise if its true.

http://visaservicescanada.ca/countries/united_kingdom.php
The website you posted should be shut down for regularly posting incorrect information. BTW it is not an official website.

Do check Point 4 of Exemptions in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/no

And, if it still matters, I have transited through LHR/LGW and other airports in Europe (Paris-CDG, Amsterdam-Schiphol, Brussels, Germany) without a transit visa

Reactions: Boviesam