+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dates on Travel History: Time Difference

cloverpink

Sep 21, 2016
I am having a bit of a dilemma here. I'm from the Philippines so my dates of arrival from my travels to Canada are different from my date of departure in Canada. For example, I left Canada on February 8, 2017 and my arrival date in the Philippines would be February 10, 2017. The arrival stamp in my passport is February 10, 2017 and no exit stamp when I left Canada. What date should I put on my Travel History? Should it be the date I arrived in the Philippines or the exact date I left Canada?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloverpink said:
I am having a bit of a dilemma here. I'm from the Philippines so my dates of arrival from my travels to Canada are different from my date of departure in Canada. For example, I left Canada on February 8, 2017 and my arrival date in the Philippines would be February 10, 2017. The arrival stamp in my passport is February 10, 2017 and no exit stamp when I left Canada. What date should I put on my Travel History? Should it be the date I arrived in the Philippines or the exact date I left Canada?
you need to put both dates
8th you left philippines
10th you arrived canada
xyz you left philipines...

for 9th, you can put in transit (thats if the system is not accepting a gap in date)

good luck

cloverpink

Sep 21, 2016
Example: my itinerary was Philippines-Canada-Philippines. I arrived in Canada on January 30 then left Canada on February 8 and arrived in the Philippines on February 10. I am confused if I should put the exact date I left Canada or the day I actually arrived in the Philippines. So the duration of my trip would be January 30 to February 8 or January 30 to February 10? Thank you for replying. :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloverpink said:
Example: my itinerary was Philippines-Canada-Philippines. I arrived in Canada on January 30 then left Canada on February 8 and arrived in the Philippines on February 10. I am confused if I should put the exact date I left Canada or the day I actually arrived in the Philippines. So the duration of my trip would be January 30 to February 8 or January 30 to February 10? Thank you for replying. :)
you need to mention both dates... like on the personal history page it goes like this.

left philipines - 29th jan arrived canada 30th jan
left canada - 8th feb arrived philipnes 10th feb

if you just need duration of trip it will be 30th jan to 8th feb (basicalyl the day you left canada)

good luck

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
you need to mention both dates... like on the personal history page it goes like this.

left philipines - 29th jan arrived canada 30th jan
left canada - 8th feb arrived philipnes 10th feb

if you just need duration of trip it will be 30th jan to 8th feb (basicalyl the day you left canada)

good luck
Sorry, I don't understand this. I am trying to fill the 'travel history' section where it just gives me "from" and "to" dates for each travel destination. I assumed it was the period of time that I spent IN that country when I traveled there and hence included arrival and departure dates in THAT country and not the dates I left my country. Can this result in a rejection?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I don't understand this. I am trying to fill the 'travel history' section where it just gives me "from" and "to" dates for each travel destination. I assumed it was the period of time that I spent IN that country when I traveled there and hence included arrival and departure dates in THAT country and not the dates I left my country. Can this result in a rejection?
i dont think they will be that strict to reject applications based on a single day's difference... so you can go ahead and provide either date -it shouldbe fine. again for eg

i left chicago on 8th jan and arrived in london on 9th... (Assuming chicago is my home city)
i left london on 19th jan and arrived in chicago on 20th jan.

i would put the dates as 9th jan to 19th jan - travel to london for xyz reason...
personally if you put 8th jan to 20th jan also, i dont thinkt it will be a problem

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20