Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
I have already answered this issue on WhatsApp directly with the concerned person.
May I ask what is your answer for that IRCC checks the points when we get ITA or when we submit our application (post ITA)?
I had gotten ITA 5 days before I really had 1 year canadian work experience. (I wanted to apply in FSW but the system accepted me in CEC).
And meanwhile I am preparing the documents I had my second ECA done which I did not claim points, but it is done at the moment when I will submit my application. To add this I could have more points then at ITA... I do not want to confuse them. Should I not mention my second ECA?
Thank you so much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
May I ask what is your answer for that IRCC checks the points when we get ITA or when we submit our application (post ITA)?
I had gotten ITA 5 days before I really had 1 year canadian work experience. (I wanted to apply in FSW but the system accepted me in CEC).
And meanwhile I am preparing the documents I had my second ECA done which I did not claim points, but it is done at the moment when I will submit my application. To add this I could have more points then at ITA... I do not want to confuse them. Should I not mention my second ECA?
Thank you so much!
Lets go by what IRCC says. IRCC stipulates that each applicant should meet two basic criterias:
a. Meet the Minimum Eligibility Criteria (MEC); and
b. Meet the Minimum CRS.

Before eligibility, section A10.3(1)(e) states: "[a]pplicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR." So the onus is on the applicant to prove that he meets the Minimum eligibility criteria, for the program the applicant is applying for at the time the applicant enters the pool, then again at the time when the ITA is issued and once again when the e-APR is filed.

Next comes the CRS. All applicants have to maintain the minimum CRS score. As per IRCC an applicant’s CRS score is automatically recorded in GCMS at the time when

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
When an applicant entered the pool, he did not meet the MEC, then he can still continue to go more activities to meet the MEC and thus increase his chances. However, one the ITA is issued, the score of the applicant is recorded in the GCMS and it is re-recorded when the e-APR is issued. Adding more qualification will give more points, but if the initial CRS was not met, then the new qualifications will not be considered.

To put is simply, all applicant have to ensure that they meet the minimum MEC and CRS. If additional work is done, more points can be awarded, but a low CRS cannot be increased post ITA.

Reactions: sandra02

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Great job, @legalfalcon, thank you so much.
When I got ITA I was not qualified for CEC only for FSW, but the system accepted me in CEC, even if I wrote in the come to canada tool I do not have the exact one year, the systeme gave me extra points for that, and accepted me in CEC. ( I got ITA at 19,April and I had one year Canadian experience on 23,April)
I have read many people with this issue, but I have not seen any refusal because of this.
I just do not know that I should write it in the LOE or leave it, because IRCC is aware of this kind of issue of the system?
Thanks again I really appreciate for you help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Great job, @legalfalcon, thank you so much.
When I got ITA I was not qualified for CEC only for FSW, but the system accepted me in CEC, even if I wrote in the come to canada tool I do not have the exact one year, the systeme gave me extra points for that, and accepted me in CEC. ( I got ITA at 19,April and I had one year Canadian experience on 23,April)
I have read many people with this issue, but I have not seen any refusal because of this.
I just do not know that I should write it in the LOE or leave it, because IRCC is aware of this kind of issue of the system?
Thanks again I really appreciate for you help.
A few days, like in your case 4 days to be exact is not an issue and the system will evaluate you against all programs. If you do not qualify for one, they will see if you qualify for another and so on. So you need not be concerned at all and this will not be a ground for refusal.

All the best!

Reactions: sandra02

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
A few days, like in your case 4 days to be exact is not an issue and the system will evaluate you against all programs. If you do not qualify for one, they will see if you qualify for another and so on. So you need not be concerned at all and this will not be a ground for refusal.

All the best!
I think similar. I am happy that you also think this. I can not say thanks enough.

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I think you need to give out the details. For example what starting date did you enter when submitting your profile; and what did you do after the ITA. Did you change ur starting date to a different one with your profile submission etc. Your description is kind of confusing to me.
will try to simply again. When i created my express entry profile in between my Canada experience of 2 years ( between January 2015 to March 2017) i showed 3 months of foreign work experience , as I was out of country. But when i got my ITA and i was submitting my documents , i realized my US work experience was 4 months and not 3 months. So on the day i got my ITA my Canada experience becomes 23 months. Will the Visa officer consider the date of ITA invite to calculate my Canada experience or the date of submission of my application
Lets go by what IRCC says. IRCC stipulates that each applicant should meet two basic criterias:
b. Meet the Minimum CRS.

Before eligibility, section A10.3(1)(e) states: "[a]pplicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR." So the onus is on the applicant to prove that he meets the Minimum eligibility criteria, for the program the applicant is applying for at the time the applicant enters the pool, then again at the time when the ITA is issued and once again when the e-APR is filed.

Next comes the CRS. All applicants have to maintain the minimum CRS score. As per IRCC an applicant’s CRS score is automatically recorded in GCMS at the time when

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
When an applicant entered the pool, he did not meet the MEC, then he can still continue to go more activities to meet the MEC and thus increase his chances. However, one the ITA is issued, the score of the applicant is recorded in the GCMS and it is re-recorded when the e-APR is issued. Adding more qualification will give more points, but if the initial CRS was not met, then the new qualifications will not be considered.

To put is simply, all applicant have to ensure that they meet the minimum MEC and CRS. If additional work is done, more points can be awarded, but a low CRS cannot be increased post ITA.

Thanks so much. So in my case the MES is maintained at ITA and at the time of eAPR (CEC program - 1 year eligibility). My question is does the system recalculates the score for ITA stage when we change the dates and submit our application at eAPR stage? I changed the dates just before i submitted the eAPR?

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I think you need to give out the details. For example what starting date did you enter when submitting your profile; and what did you do after the ITA. Did you change ur starting date to a different one with your profile submission etc. Your description is kind of confusing to me.
will try to simply again. When i created my express entry profile in between my Canada experience of 2 years ( between January 2015 to March 2017) i showed 3 months of foreign work experience , as I was out of country. But when i got my ITA and i was submitting my documents , i realized my US work experience was 4 months and not 3 months. So on the day i got my ITA my Canada experience becomes 23 months. Will the Visa officer consider the date of ITA invite to calculate my Canada experience or the date of submission of my application
b. Meet the Minimum CRS.

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.

Thanks so much. So in my case the MES is maintained at ITA and at the time of eAPR (CEC program - 1 year eligibility). My question is does the system recalculates the score for ITA stage when we change the dates and submit our application at eAPR stage? I changed the fsyrd just before i submitted the eAPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thanks so much. So in my case the MES is maintained at ITA and at the time of eAPR (CEC program - 1 year eligibility). My question is does the system recalculates the score for ITA stage when we change the dates and submit our application at eAPR stage? I changed the dates just before i submitted the eAPR?

The system will calculate everything after you file. It is an applicant's responsibility to ensure that what ever he claimed in the application is true and can be corroborated with documents as long as he mets the MEC and CRS.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The system will calculate everything after you file. It is an applicant's responsibility to ensure that what ever he claimed in the application is true and can be corroborated with documents as long as he mets the MEC and CRS.

ramu_24

Mar 22, 2017
b. Meet the Minimum CRS.

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.

I have query to the above statement as per CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

It is mentioned as below :

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or (not and)
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
So wanted to know on this if the applicant is missing few days due to system glitch for attaining experience on the day of ITA; but while submitting the application i.e the day AOR is received on that day the expericence count is equal to the CRS score attained during ITA, the applicant cannot be rejected as it is fulfilling the or condition.

Please confirm on this as still the time PPR is issued this remains mystery question for many.

Thanks in advance