+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dates for physical presence calculation

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello guys,

I have a question. My friend sent an application docs for citizenship but found out that he forgot to put the flagpoling date in Physical presence calculation list. All other dates are correct. Did anyone here about that situation from others? Although it's the same day trip (which counts as 0 days), made to become a PR, they required to put such dates. He completely forgot about that date. Will they return the docs? He had 1152days when he sent his docs to Sydney. Thank you.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No, it will not be returned.
It's not an issue, forgetting a trip happens a lot, and if IRCC has no doubt about the physical presence requirements, it will go very smoothly for your friend.
If he wants, your friend can, once he gets his AOR, send a little correction via the web form, or point it out during the interview.

Reactions: hanuz06

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
This happened to me, it was not a problem. When the interview officer compared passport stamps with the physical presence calculator printout he simply check-marked "Permanent residence date" entry in the printout when he encountered flag-poling stamp in the passport.

He was very thorough, he crosschecked every stamp in the eligibility period and check-marked matched entry in the presence calculator absences section.

And as I mentioned above he even didn't twitch when there were no matching date in the absences section for the flag-polling stamp.

Reactions: hanuz06