+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dated Experience Verification Letter

Jan 27, 2023
My experience verification/reference letter is dated two years back. I had made it from the company even before I created express entry profile. It's in the same prescribed format with all the details as mandated by IRCC, it's just that it is a bit dated. Now, if receive an ITA, can I still use the same one or get a fresh one from the employer?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
My experience verification/reference letter is dated two years back. I had made it from the company even before I created express entry profile. It's in the same prescribed format with all the details as mandated by IRCC, it's just that it is a bit dated. Now, if receive an ITA, can I still use the same one or get a fresh one from the employer?
Get fresh one with a more current date

alfredJones

Dec 8, 2023
It is valid if u r claiming experience which u got prior to the issue date of this reference letter. i have used 3 years old reference letters

Jan 27, 2023
It is valid if u r claiming experience which u got prior to the issue date of this reference letter. i have used 3 years old reference letters
Hi Alfred,

Thanks for responding. I have the letter dated July 2023 and have worked there from Oct 2016-Oct 2017. So yes, the experience gathered (and claimed) is prior to issue date of issuing letter. That should be ok to use right?