+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date you applied to extend your status

Sanjib1981

Apr 9, 2018
I am applying for citizenship and this is one of the question in the application. "Date you applied to extend your status " . This question is related to visa extension. Now, this visa extension was done by my ex-employer and I do not know the exact date when my application was submitted. Probably some of you have been through this before and I wanted to know what you did to overcome this issue?

zarge

Oct 25, 2019
Hi, I was able to find my exact date of when the application was submitted. Sorry that isn't really helpful

krish@india

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks zarge, it helps a bit. How were you able to get the date ? did you approach your company or the company lawer who renewed the work permit ? Thanks in Advance !

zarge

Oct 25, 2019
I found the address of the lawyer office in the work permit. I had to call them and they send me the information.
I didn't like my ex-employer (and still don't like), so I avoided to talk with them. Thankfully the lawyer helped me without any issue.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks zarge, it helps a bit. How were you able to get the date ? did you approach your company or the company lawer who renewed the work permit ? Thanks in Advance !
You can call cic call centre and give them your Uci number and ask them about your old application however don’t know it will work.

krish@india

Jul 29, 2018
@Miss bee thankyou so much for the response. I checked with another friend..he suggested to merge the two workpermits and just use the start date on the 1st workpermit as start date as trv and end date on the 2nd wp as the expiration date of the trv and select YES for the question Did you apply the extension ? . Bcoz the citizenship application is stressing only the number of days as temporary resident before becoming pr. Your inputs are welcome !

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee thankyou so much for the response. I checked with another friend..he suggested to merge the two workpermits and just use the start date on the 1st workpermit as start date as trv and end date on the 2nd wp as the expiration date of the trv and select YES for the question Did you apply the extension ? . Bcoz the citizenship application is stressing only the number of days as temporary resident before becoming pr. Your inputs are welcome !
If you applied work permit extension before your current work permit expired, you can choose random date however lying or guessing on any CIC immigration applications is not or never recommend.