+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date when you become eligible to practice the occupation?

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

I have completed my bachelors in electrical engineering on june,2014 and started my first job on march,2015 in my home country. But when i created my ee profile i mentioned my joining date (match,2015) as the answer of that question. But bachelors is enough to practice the occupation. So should i change it in my eAPR or is it ok to stay with it? Regards

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I have completed my bachelors in electrical engineering on june,2014 and started my first job on march,2015 in my home country. But when i created my ee profile i mentioned my joining date (match,2015) as the answer of that question. But bachelors is enough to practice the occupation. So should i change it in my eAPR or is it ok to stay with it? Regards
I don't quite understand what you are asking for. However, I am gonna answer from my point of view, so you started your first job in March 2015 and again mentioned your joining date in March 2015. Both dates are the same so whats seems to be the problem here? Was it two different jobs? If you are worried about a year gap between your study and job, then don't cause that won't matter for your Express Entry application.

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for ur response..what i wanted to clear is i have mentioned my joining date of my first job (match 2015) instead of the date of completing my bachelors( june 2014) to the question "date when u become eligible to practise the occupation?" It is mentioned in the profile that i should enter the the date when I completed minimum requirements which is for me is the graduation date..should i change it to june 2014 or stick to march 2015?

Last edited:

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for ur response..what i wanted to clear is i have mentioned my joining date of my first job (match 2015) instead of the date of completing my bachelors( june 2014) to the question "date when u become eligible to practise the occupation?" It is mentioned in the profile that i should enter the the date when I completed minimum requirements which is for me is the graduation date..should i change it to june 2014 or stick to march 2015?
Technically, you should've put your graduation date to that question. However, if your primary occupation or work experience started after your graduation you can even put the joining date in your case in March 2015 assuming this job is indeed your primary occupation. If I were you, I wouldn't bother worrying about it much. However, if you want to have peace of mind, change the date before submitting your E-APR with an LOE.

Reactions: Ovi6109

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Thanx..I think i should not go for any change as i suppose it won't be any prob..another small confusion..i have put my eca ref num in "eca certificate number" section without adding the suffix "IMM".should i update it with IMM in eAPR? And if i change should i also mention in LOE?

Last edited:

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thanx..I think i should not go for any change as i suppose it won't be any prob..another small confusion..i have put my eca ref num in "eca certificate number" section without adding the suffix "IMM". Should i update it with IMM in eAPR?
Yes, please do that. One more thing, if you want to make any changes before submitting your eAPR do it accordingly as long your your CRS point doesn’t change or go below than for that particular round of invitation you’ll be fine. Moreover, anything you think needs an explanation mention it on the LOE.

Reactions: Ovi6109

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Is national savings certificate acceptable as proof of fund for express entry provided that it is stated as cashable at anytime and no lien against it in the statement?