Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Hi,
I am applying for Canadian PR as a dependent and my wife as the primary applicant. As a part of the application process, we have to provide the family background information. the problem is that even though me and my brother have a 1 year difference in age. The official date of birth of me and my brother in most of the certificates have a difference of only a few days. So i am hesitant whether to include the official information or write down the actual information. What should i do if i want to take into consideration that i have to sponsor my brother in canada? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
nitroxn said:
Hi,
I am applying for Canadian PR as a dependent and my wife as the primary applicant. As a part of the application process, we have to provide the family background information. the problem is that even though me and my brother have a 1 year difference in age. The official date of birth of me and my brother in most of the certificates have a difference of only a few days. So i am hesitant whether to include the official information or write down the actual information. What should i do if i want to take into consideration that i have to sponsor my brother in canada? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
you mentioned that the official date of the births of you and your brother " in most of the certificates"..and so on.This means that there are other documents which have actual information of your bdays. I suggest that you go with actual information with an affidavit
and in the meantime, see if you can get your brother's date of birth altered. At the time of your full documents submission, please do provide the affidavit as well as other supporting documents that confirm this fact. Even if you do not do this at this point, you may be required to do this when you sponser your brother in the future which will cause you even more troubles.
Consult seniors here.
Good luck
ice cube

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
the problem is that all of the document of me and my brother contains the date of birth with a difference of few days. Changing the date would require an enormous effort as the dates are mentioned from school certificates, citizenship, passport etc. So, would it any trouble if the actual date of birth are different by a few days or months. So, actually the point being two children cannot be born in less than nine months. Would this point matter to the immigration officers. I actually intend to show the date of birth as mentioned in all of the documents. As my wife is the principal applicant would it matter that much.

thanks in advance

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
nitroxn said:
the problem is that all of the document of me and my brother contains the date of birth with a difference of few days. Changing the date would require an enormous effort as the dates are mentioned from school certificates, citizenship, passport etc. So, would it any trouble if the actual date of birth are different by a few days or months. So, actually the point being two children cannot be born in less than nine months. Would this point matter to the immigration officers. I actually intend to show the date of birth as mentioned in all of the documents. As my wife is the principal applicant would it matter that much.
thanks in advance
Hi again,
I actually do not have any clue as to what you should do in this situation. The options available to you are going ahead with the same dates you have in offical documents and wait for immigration officer reaction to it (which is is not the best option here) or getting your certificates with actual information. I believe that visa officer will request you clarification on these birth dates at a later stage when your brother is sponsered. Please consult a senior here regarding your issue.
Good luck
Ice cube

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
What if I dont include the information of my brother at all.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
nitroxn said:
Hi,
You will be asked those information at some stage. I am not sure though. Please send a PM to Qorax or Rockyy. they can guide you correctly.
Ice cube

Shrestha

Jun 30, 2010
nitroxn said:
In that case, you may not sponsor your brother later on. I would say, just go on with whatever you have in your certificate and keep dob of your brother with real difference and ask your brother (if he wants to join you later on) to change his all documents as per this dob.

parygre

Star Member
May 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
waiting
No problem at all in this case............Go ahead with documented dates and actual information....MAKE THIS A POINT WITH CANADIAN IMMIGRATION THAT DO NOT EVER LIE OR CONCEAL INFORMATION.........as long as your date of birth and your brother's date of birth are provable to be true on verification, you can tell the visa officer that this is a clerical mistake. they will verify from school or college or university or municipality record. if the verification is positive then there will be no problem.........

I have seen a similar case and my advise is based on the same.

Reactions: Nimrod

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parygre said:
No problem at all in this case............Go ahead with documented dates and actual information....MAKE THIS A POINT WITH CANADIAN IMMIGRATION THAT DO NOT EVER LIE OR CONCEAL INFORMATION.........as long as your date of birth and your brother's date of birth are provable to be true on verification, you can tell the visa officer that this is a clerical mistake. they will verify from school or college or university or municipality record. if the verification is positive then there will be no problem.........

I have seen a similar case and my advise is based on the same.
Well said.

nitroxn - I would also include a letter of explanation for the discrepancy similar to your posts here

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Thanks for the advice. This forum is very helpful, I would recommend it to anyone planning on migrating to canada. Thanks a lot guys.

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with OhCanadiana and parygre. Truth always prevails and would never get you into trouble...