+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date applicant became qualified for NOC - EE appliction

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hi All,

Would appreciate your opinion on this - brother is applying for CEC and this is his situation (he's been drawn):

NOC A
2174Computer programmers and interactive media developers

He has:
  • 3x years foreign work ex. (2015-2019)
  • BSc in Computer science (graduated Dec 2018)
  • 1 year Canadian experience (2019-current)
So my question is what date do we put for when he became qualified? The NOC desc. is: A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant: programming component or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

I am planning on putting the high school graduation date as that is when his work experience under this NOC starts (and we have all the letters to back this up). Just want to know if you think this will cause any problems? Don't want to put his college graduation date as I guess then they'll only give points for work experience gained after this date?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1127&top=29

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi All,

Would appreciate your opinion on this - brother is applying for CEC and this is his situation (he's been drawn):

NOC A

He has:
So my question is what date do we put for when he became qualified? The NOC desc. is: A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant: programming component or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

I am planning on putting the high school graduation date as that is when his work experience under this NOC starts (and we have all the letters to back this up). Just want to know if you think this will cause any problems? Don't want to put his college graduation date as I guess then they'll only give points for work experience gained after this date?

His college graduation will be ideal, it’s also stated in the NOC desc.

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
but will putting his date of qualification as graduation mean the work experience points gained under that NOC before this date aren't counted?
Technically yes. But wait for someone else to confirm. This is just what I know

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

NOC A

He has:

was he working while studying? work experience is counted only if it is full time.

which NOC does his foreign work exp falls, hope it doesn't fall in NOC- C category