+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date and signature

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
Hi members,
I am sponsoring my wife from india(outland). I am going to India and get married on feb . I am going to fill all the application forms together with my wife in India.I will return to canada on March.I will send my applications on March.I have a query regarding the dates, all dates in the application forms should be the same or different. if its different, will CIC accept?
I have one more doubts in IMM 1344EA form, In that form J (signature column) sponsor's signature is my sign, and what about the otherone, signature of sponsours spouse or common law partner(if co-signer)? So, my wife, has she also to sign ? what s that co-signer? i dont undrstand.please anyone help me

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
krisashok said:
Hi members,
I am sponsoring my wife from india(outland). I am going to India and get married on feb . I am going to fill all the application forms together with my wife in India.I will return to canada on March.I will send my applications on March.I have a query regarding the dates, all dates in the application forms should be the same or different. if its different, will CIC accept?
I have one more doubts in IMM 1344EA form, In that form J (signature column) sponsor's signature is my sign, and what about the otherone, signature of sponsours spouse or common law partner(if co-signer)? So, my wife, has she also to sign ? what s that co-signer? i dont undrstand.please anyone help me

- I guess dates are flexible. You do not need to put exact same dates in all cases. As you are the sponsor and there are three parts of the spouse sponsorship, definitely the dates could be different. (However, check with others!)

- The mentioned form in your message is the sponsor's form. That means it should be filled in by you. On that form there is a box B- Co-signer. Write "not applicable" there.
Box J- for signature. Your spouse does not need to sign. As she is not co-signer. Just write not applicable or N/A. Below are some useful notes from the CIC website:

B – Co-signer
Your spouse or common-law partner should complete this section only if he or she is co-signing the
application. If you are sponsoring your spouse or common-law or conjugal partner, you cannot have a
co-signer; write “Not Applicable” in this section. You do not need a co-signer if you are sponsoring a
dependent child who has no children.
8 and 9: Follow the instructions for both 10 and 11 of Section A above.