Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Hi every1
I applied under spousal sponsorship regulations.
17 june is the date when immigration file number is issued by Canadian embassy in Damascus.
I received a letter on 29th july as follows:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:

- The attached Residency Questionnaire should be completed and signed by yourself after consultation with your sponsor.

- Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $ 490 on your behalf in Canada and forward the receipt to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 60 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.
Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us before visas are printed.
All correspondence/documents must be sent directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus at the address indicated above. DO NOT send or submit any documents to our office in Tehran. Any correspondence you send to this office will be returned to you.

Your file is being processed in Damascus. No representations, faxes, telephone calls or correspondence can or will be answered by this Embassy; all inquires must be sent directly to the visa office in Damascus.
Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & fax numbers on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

I need to be able to attend university on time ( beginning on 20th September )
can any1 make an estimation about how long does it take time to finalize my case ?
Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: how long it takes time!?

Check the website below for processing times in Damascus. You can attend the university on time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#africa

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Re: how long it takes time!?

steaky said:
Check the website below for processing times in Damascus. You can attend the university on time.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#africa
Thanks for your reply. I already checked that website. but It is written that normally 30% of the cases getting final decision within 4 months ! Please note that it is only 2 months that my file number is issued. But the officer in a letter requested the right of permanent residence fee. does it mean they really finalized my application and are going to issue a visa ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure. However, even if the visa (that is copr) can be issue, your COPR will be valid for 12 months after the date of your medical or the expiry of your passport, whichever comes first. That's why I said you can attend your university on time.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello rezan,
I received the same letter dated june 9 to provide infomation I have already sent stating decision will be made within 45 days, and did not hear nothing yet
I am hoping to hear from them soon, my 45 days passed already
we have to wait i guess and no other option
good luck

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Kamal
Thanks for your very useful information.
I got the same letter but they didn't mention that they are going to answer within 45 days ! Its a bit strange !
Have you applied for sponsorship or federal skill worker ?
Is any of the previous information you submitted were changed during the period from when you have applied ?
Thank you once again

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Razan,
I am under the family category, same information submitted
you mentioned that you have received a letter on 29 July 2010, can you check what is the date of the letter was sent it should be written on top of the letter and you start counting from that date the 60 days period. it states in your letter the following:

(Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 60 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.)

we almost have the same letter but different dates , my lawyer adviced to start counting from the date the letter was issued which in my case almost 45 days while for you will be 60 days from the date they send the letter and not when you received the letter

between 45 days and 60 there is not much time difference, and the info they requested from you I have already submitted before maybe that is why you have 60 days to provide info

I will keep you up to date if I have any news and all the best

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear kamal

I have also submitted all the information they requested previously along with my application.
Information you asked for: I received the letter on 28th July and responded to it on 31th July. The letter was delivered to Canadian embassy after 3 days.
The reason for which I am in rush is that I have to attend university no later than 13th September. I really don't want to miss it and for this reason there is a huge different even between 45 or 60 days !!!
I am applying for spousal sponsorship. are you in the same category ?
On which date they start processing your application (please mention the date from Ecas services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do?app=ecas). I mean how long did it take time for you to get the letter since they start processing your case ?
They start processing my case on 17th june and I got the letter on 28th July.
Thank you so much

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rezan,
please update if you have new news
I am still waiting for mine and did not hear nothing yet
hopefully soon we will hear from them
you can send them a letter and stating your concern and let us see for sure they will respond with some explanation to you on when you will finish the process
Good Luck
I am calling them tomorrow and hopefully they will have an answer for me
all the best

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
dear kamal
There isn't any update in my case.
please let me know what happened once you have called them.
Are you applying for spousal sponsorship or other family class sponsorship ?

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is spousal sponorship
sure i will update you on what will happen
talk to you soon

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
tnx kamal
remember also to ask about your police check.
because it is the most reason that cause delays.
wishes

mohammed123

Feb 19, 2011
Hi, I sponsored my wife in april 13 2010 and received in damascus in june 1 2010 .....I contacted them manytimes and they say its still in process last time I emailed them a month ago and they said its in qeue for assessment anyone knows what does that mean?????

im_mimo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
They started processing my application on December 12, 2010.in Syria.

Later they transferred my application to the Beirut office on February 22, 2012.

I'm still waiting for medical exam, no news...no info... :'(