+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dalhousie univ

Ankitnanu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya i have applied for dalhousie Masters of Engg Internetworking, got visa and planning to go in August

Priya13

May 7, 2013
Ankitnanu said:
ya i have applied for dalhousie Masters of Engg Internetworking, got visa and planning to go in August
oh... great... :) :) :) do u know any girl applied to dalhousie?

Ankitnanu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmm no not yet but dont worry when i will go if anyone in contact i will inform you :)

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
Hi I have to pay 200$ to reserve the seat after getting acceptance.
How did you guys paid the fees? I haven't got the banner Id (B00-) yet.. Please help

Ankitnanu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
means have got acceptance but no B-- id ?
contact to them through email
which department

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
Ankitnanu said:
means have got acceptance but no B-- id ?
contact to them through email
which department
Thanks! I called the registrar office yesterday and asked them my banner ID. Yes I got acceptance in Electrical and Computer Engineering :)
Though I haven't got the acceptance letter yet, it will take around 4 weeks by mail. They said I have to request the department to send the scanned letter of acceptance. As now I have the BannerID, I can pay the admission deposit fees now.

Did you activated your NetID? I think it can be activated only after paying the admission deposit.

Ankitnanu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya
i am planning to change from internetworking to electrical
in electrical which specialization are you going

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
Ankitnanu said:
ya
i am planning to change from internetworking to electrical
in electrical which specialization are you going
Great!! :) so I paid the deposit, how can activate my NetID?
Specialization.. For embedded systems.. But I'm very much inclined towards changing my major to Computer Science. How you will proceed to change your branch to Electrical and Computer Engineering?

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow friends,

I applied to Dalhousie in April for Masters in Applied Computer Science as I have a degree in computer science already. However, i received a mail from the department congratulating me of their recommendation to the registrar to accept me for one year program in MACS. The problem is in my country it takes 4-6 months to get canadian visa. Moreso, I have not even received the original offer letter from the registrar and we are already in June.

Kindly advise on what to do

Should I accept the offer and defer till next year since the possibility of getting the visa is slim.
Will the school allow me to defer the admission till next year.
What is the process of defering an admission in dalhousie. Will I pay the acceptance fee and write to them within 30days as stated in the letter they sent to me before telling them I will be defering my admission till 2014.

I dont want to loss the oportunity but I know i can't get the visa in less than 4months at most.

Your candid input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Timmituyi