Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi,

Tho didn't applied for Dalhousie but for Saint Mary's for Fall 2013 (Sep 2013).

If anyone is going there in Halifax for that semester mentioned above please let me know.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please someone should respond.

timmituyi said:
Hello fellow friends,

I applied to Dalhousie in April for Masters in Applied Computer Science as I have a degree in computer science already. However, i received a mail from the department congratulating me of their recommendation to the registrar to accept me for one year program in MACS. The problem is in my country it takes 4-6 months to get canadian visa. Moreso, I have not even received the original offer letter from the registrar and we are already in June.

Kindly advise on what to do

Should I accept the offer and defer till next year since the possibility of getting the visa is slim.
Will the school allow me to defer the admission till next year.
What is the process of defering an admission in dalhousie. Will I pay the acceptance fee and write to them within 30days as stated in the letter they sent to me before telling them I will be defering my admission till 2014.

I dont want to loss the oportunity but I know i can't get the visa in less than 4months at most.

Your candid input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Timmituyi

Jun 18, 2013
Hi,

I got accepted in Dalhousie University for Bachelor's of Engineering.
I got my offer letter and everything on March.
I already paid the $200 advance deposit and applied for residence with $50 residence application fee.

But due to some documents error I cannot apply for visa this September.
Yet I still want to join Dal.
Can they extend my offer till January 2014 ? Do I have to apply again for January intake ?

In the website they have written that there is no January intake for Engineering.

PLEASE HELP ME ! ANY REPLY OR SUGGESTION WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Reactions: nwolisaemmanuel

kushalbini

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
I got admission in Dalhousie University in Sept.2013 intake yesterday for Masters in Internetworking. I have to put forward my file but I got 5.5 bands, so any body can tell me is their any chance for getting visa approval.

Zubair20

Jul 5, 2013
Hi guyz........!!!! :) im interested in MS Inter networking. Can u tell me will there be any job opportunities after the course completion. ? I'm a BE(ECE) graduated may 2013 passedout and also I'm CCNA certified. Plz let me know abt the course details nd entry requirements nd deadline for winter 2014

kushalbini

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Yes there are excellent opportunities after studying Internetworking

Yinka2014

Jan 28, 2014
Hello Timmi,

I have a profile really close to yours but I am just putting in my applications. I am a Nigerian too, went to Unilag and studied computer science and also made a 2-2. It would be really great to speak to you. you can reach me on macute129@yahoo.com, I'll email you right back. Thanks

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Ankitnanu said:
okay then decision will be declared in few days
have you applied to any other university ?
HI DO WE NEED TO PAY TUITION (SEMESTER)FEE BEFORE APPLYING FOR VISA (UNIVERSITY CATEGORY) UPON RECEIVING UNCONDITION OFFER LETTER . THANK YOU