+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute while WFH

hakunamatat

Jun 26, 2021
Hello folks,
I work in the US on H1b(WFH) and have received Canadian PR now.
We are planning to move to Canada, while I continue to maintain my H1b status(Windsor-Detroit).
I have the following questions:
1- How to provide the office address in the US, if I am working from home and living in Canada. Do I need to rent something(office space) in Detroit?
2- How long does it take to get Nexus card?
3- If I am on the USA salary, can I still buy a home in Canada?
4- Are there any minimum #days I need to travel/week to the USA to maintain my H1b status?

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
I can answer #2. Pre covid my nexus took around 8 months to be approved.
Right now canada has again shut down nexus interviews I received an email two days ago. So now I am not sure what's the eta.

hakunamatat

Jun 26, 2021
I can answer #2. Pre covid my nexus took around 8 months to be approved.
Right now canada has again shut down nexus interviews I received an email two days ago. So now I am not sure what's the eta.
Thanks.
Does Nexus need to be applied only from Canada or can apply from the USA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello folks,
We are planning to move to Canada, while I continue to maintain my H1b status(Windsor-Detroit).
1- How to provide the office address in the US, if I am working from home and living in Canada. Do I need to rent something(office space) in Detroit?
4- Are there any minimum #days I need to travel/week to the USA to maintain my H1b statu
2. I have friends who have waited for two years for an interview. Yet to receive it and interviews paused indefinitely. Go to the NEXUS site for information.
3. Yes
4. Check US immigration site.

Cananm

Mar 7, 2019
Hello folks,
4- Are there any minimum #days I need to travel/week to the USA to maintain my H1b status?

HI I am in same boat as of you.
Would you mind sharing answers to Question 1) & 4)
and any other relevant info that would be helpful!