+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cwolf241 "I'm back" and of course more questions. lol

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Hi everyone. Well our honeymoon is over so I have a couple of questions please. When I arrived in Canada I was sent to immigration and they asked me about purpose of my stay etc... They granted me a six month stamp on my US passport for the wedding and just to stay. They did ask if we planned to do an incountry application and I told them the truth when I said no. I really did think I had to go back to the US for a couple of things. We are now discussing doing incountry instead. My question is do you think there is a possibility they would let me extend and change so we can do incountry? I have no criminal record and passed the FBI check. I do so still have to take the physical here and I should pass that. I do suffer from depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. I receive disibility payments for the US govt. But I have never been in the hospital for this and have never been a danger to anyone. Just take a couple of meds. My main concern is if I leave here I will not really have a for sure place to return to. Things changed and it would cost me alot of money to just live in Florida for a few months for out of country. Sorry I got off track. I tend to give too much info. But my main question is about changing what I said when I came in country. Are they apt to say I had planned this even though we did not.
Thanks for your help and I hope that everyone is making progress with their own journeys since I was gone. Take care all. Wolf

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Well, they knew you were coming here to get married.

The whole 'purpose of visit' issue is a screen applied at the border - they don't actually hold you to it.

Now that you're here, there's nothing to stop you from changing your mind and applying in-country.

Congratulations and good luck!

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
They also have this thing called an "overstay" and even if your temp visa runs out you will still be considered to be on a overstay and its ok.

DG

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
cwolf241 said:
My question is do you think there is a possibility they would let me extend and change so we can do incountry?
You submit your request to extend along with your application for PR. It won't be a problem.

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Thank you for all the answers. Sounds like I do have a good chance to stay from what you all said. I know there are never any garuntees (sp). I have everything including my FBI prints and background. Must say I was shocked that the FBI sent me my results so quickly. Took less than 3 weeks I think. Just need to check and see from the site if I should get my physical done before we send in everything or wait until they tell me to. All the research I had done before was out of country. I really hope things are going well and quickly for your files. Talk soon I am sure. lol Wolf