+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CV/Resumes for the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm thrilled to have finally received the long-awaited invitation letter that I've been anticipating since 2020. Currently, I'm in the process of preparing documents for my parents, and a few aspects are causing some confusion. Despite my efforts to search our forum, I haven't found answers so far.
  1. CV/Resume for Parents: Is there a sample or template available? What specific information should be included, considering both parents are over 65 and have been retired for more than two decades? My dad was also involved in the 1967 war; should this be mentioned in the CV? Additionally, I noticed the IMM5546e (Details of Military Service) form—does he need to fill that out as well?
  2. IMM5768e (Financial Evaluation): As my wife won't be the co-signer (she is not PR yet), questions #16 and #17 inquire about the co-signer's SIN and employment history. Should I leave these questions blank or provide some information?
I understand these questions are not straightforward, and any guidance would be immensely appreciated.

salmanimtiaz

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, I am also in process of starting my application for my parents. From what I see from your questions,
1- It is important to add any military service your parents have been in. Need to be as transparent as possible. See if you can find any record of his military service and attach as proof.
As for resume, haven't seen any template myself. For information wise, add any work history, travel history, education history. I believe this would be sufficient.
2- If not co-signer, leave it blank.

Again as I am also starting so that is what I would do. Maybe someone who has gone through process might be able to answer better.
I do have one question from you, did you create new PR portal for your parents yourself or you showing yourself as representative?

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Hello @salmanimtiaz,

Thank you for the advice! Let's wait for someone who has experience with this to confirm my original questions.

I created a PR portal for myself and I think I will be my parents' representative.

Cheer!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@scylla and @armoured: not sure if you guys have any idea about above questions?
There are zillions of sample cvs / resumes out there. It's mainly just a list of places the person has worked and studied, main activities since age 18. (Obviously to find work may have competely different format, but for this context - it's just a list). Given the interest, provide BRIEF summaries of the responsibilities the person held. If long career in one organization, break down to different positions held. For parents' app, I would lean to not providing excessive detail - one or two pages, max. (IMO, some circumstances might require different approach - use JUDGMENT).

In general, I would assume anyone who has any military service should fill out the military service form. Especially anyone who was serving during a military conflict like a war.

Possible exception to filling this out - those who did no more than short (six months) conscription/required service. But read the instructions. IRCC will askfor it if they decide they want it, and obviously that can cause extra delays.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm thrilled to have finally received the long-awaited invitation letter that I've been anticipating since 2020. Currently, I'm in the process of preparing documents for my parents, and a few aspects are causing some confusion. Despite my efforts to search our forum, I haven't found answers so far.
  1. CV/Resume for Parents: Is there a sample or template available? What specific information should be included, considering both parents are over 65 and have been retired for more than two decades? My dad was also involved in the 1967 war; should this be mentioned in the CV? Additionally, I noticed the IMM5546e (Details of Military Service) form—does he need to fill that out as well?
  2. IMM5768e (Financial Evaluation): As my wife won't be the co-signer (she is not PR yet), questions #16 and #17 inquire about the co-signer's SIN and employment history. Should I leave these questions blank or provide some information?
I understand these questions are not straightforward, and any guidance would be immensely appreciated.
1. It is mandatory that he mention his military service and complete the IMM form. Failure to do that would be misrepresentation which carries the potential of a 5 year ban from Canada. I can't help with a sample or template.
2. I don't know what questions #16 and #17 say. If they relate to cosigners, you would indicate n/a or leave blank if the field won't accept n/a.

Reactions: ILoveCanada9999