+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CV/Resume Request

ivsyw0415

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone,
I just got CV/Resume request from cic last week. I searched online, most people say that it means SS, which may take at least 6 months to forever... I’m kind of lost my hope...frustrated and desperate...even cried at night..
I only got cv/resume request, but no other doc such as publication or supervisor (I saw lots of people receive those as well).
I got this request in the 17 months after AR. I’m pnp inland Sk. Also, I got schedule A request last May (in the 4th months after AR). And my med expire June 20.
I’m wondering if there is anyone had experienced this situation? (Most people got this request but no further post...)Could u please give me some advice? I hope I can survive it...Thanks a lot!

Reactions: hitsh

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019
If you passed eligibility I say you are fine. My friend's SINP took 14 months to finish his PR. Are you SINP student stream? Why not consider Express Entry as a backup plan? And if you are nominated by SINP you should have a support letter to renew your work permit if this is taking too long. I got fired by my first employer and I thought my SINP would be terminated and IRCC would know it and thus me getting rejected by IRCC. However my application seems to be still ongoing after my job termination 8 months ago, just got landing fee request and medical request, pretty sure SINP would tell IRCC about my job loss long time ago. But i dont bother to tell IRCC about it in case I dont get EE drawed. Call IRCC with that phone number to ask about your situation, the wait time on the phone is going to be more than 1 hour.

Anyway, I feel you man, I was fired I felt doomed and depressed for 2 weeks, then I realized I have an EE point of 456 with my two year work experience. If you do not have IELTS I strongly suggest you getting it done. Worst comes worst you need to go back to your home country to wait for EE draw or you need to do more schooling to get more points. If money is a problem to you then I don't have any valid suggestion for you, short term money loan from CASHMART? LOL

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi

Someone knows why they request this until almost the end of the process??
(Schedule A and CV)
They requested schedule A and cv.last September .

Aor March 7 and still wating....

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
MP sent a request for us and in a note was mentioned that security screening has no timeline.
So 1) I am under SS
2) no deadlines

Probably yes, request CV means SS

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone know if SS is for all applicants or just for someone?
When they requested I thought it is something formal.
But after 3 months without answer I was confirmed about SS.
Hope that not everyone.
Now I am preparing for EE and thinking if I will be sent on SS again? Because of the same person-background-surname?
Or s it just randomly luck?

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Called today
CV was requested in June
SS finished approx end of October
Woooow 4 months......
In my case The whole process was supposed to end in September 7 (18 months) but it wasn't like that. I'm going to wait almost 20 months......

Is someone in the same situation?