+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Customs on first landing

Multicoloredleaves

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
My query is regarding the jewellery I plan to take to Canada with me initially, as well as in the years to follow.

I've understood that I need to declare it in the goods to carry/goods to follow lists.

Now I wanted to know if it's necessary to get a valuation certificate from a jeweller. The jewellery has been covered in my parent's insurance policy in India and I have an itemized list with piece wise value done ourselves.

The policy also mentions value of sum insured.

Kindly advise what can be done in this case - do I still need a jewellers certificate?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My query is regarding the jewellery I plan to take to Canada with me initially, as well as in the years to follow.

I've understood that I need to declare it in the goods to carry/goods to follow lists.

Now I wanted to know if it's necessary to get a valuation certificate from a jeweller. The jewellery has been covered in my parent's insurance policy in India and I have an itemized list with piece wise value done ourselves.

Kindly advise what can be done in this case - do I still need a jewellers certificate?
You can call or send them an email to make your enquiry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

there is no need for a professional evaluation. IF you have an itemized list prepared by yourself, that will work just fine