+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

customs forms confusion

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I have the two forms b4 & B4A however I’m lost to understand how to complete them. Here are my questions..

1) Both form B4 & B4A have a list and they seem to ask for the same thing….do I fill the same information on both forms.
2) If I have money that will be transferred at a later date (ie: life insurance) how do I account fo that?
3) All Conveyances must …….etc etc…what are conveyances????

Can someone please help me with this….I don’t have much to claim just some clothing and one laptop and an ipod that all so I’m lost how to fill these forms out.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The two forms are Goods Accompanying (what you will bring with you when you land), and Goods to Follow (what will come later). Identify the money on the Goods to Follow form. Conveyances means property/real estate owned I think. If I'm wrong, PMM or ImmOfficer will correct me. They know more about these.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, if they've got lots of stuff to declare. Some people just like to control the organization of everything too. Different strokes for different folks! But they would have attached these spreadsheets to the required forms.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rjessome said:
The two forms are Goods Accompanying (what you will bring with you when you land), and Goods to Follow (what will come later). Identify the money on the Goods to Follow form. Conveyances means property/real estate owned I think. If I'm wrong, PMM or ImmOfficer will correct me. They know more about these.
1. You don't declare money or property on the GTF forms.
2. Look in the center of the B4 there is a box, to check to say if the list is for Goods to Follow or Goods in possession.

PMM

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
On the B4 form--- is that for goods to follow or the ones I want to claim now.....I don't want to claim anything now so do I leave the B4 ones emplty and just have everything on the B4A form.

Thanks

8thwonder

Sep 25, 2022
On the B4 form--- is that for goods to follow or the ones I want to claim now.....I don't want to claim anything now so do I leave the B4 ones emplty and just have everything on the B4A form.

Thanks
No one answered this, this is the same place where we are stuck at. Don't have anything to declare during landing, but will bring stuff in a few months.