+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Customs at montreal

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
How strict is customs at montreal compared to Toronto interms of questions and details regarding quarantine and stuff? Im so scared! Flying tomorrow! Extended family authorization approval on visit visa.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Doesn’t matter whether Montreal or Toronto you will still be processed by CBSA operating to the same guidelines. As long as you have a quarantine plan , purpose of visit and any required documentation nothing to worry about. They will for sure be strict about quarantine that is guaranteed.

With CBSA advice is to only answer questions asked honestly and not to volunteer anything extra not asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I see
i have friends and family that travelled from vancouver and compared to Toronto they barely asked any questions. Didnt even ask to seee any docs from cousin. Hence i waa wondering.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I see
i have friends and family that travelled from vancouver and compared to Toronto they barely asked any questions. Didnt even ask to seee any docs from cousin. Hence i waa wondering.
It’s all the same organization and rules. If there are differences, it comes down to the individual CBSA officer you encounter.