+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodianship

Feb 22, 2016
Hello experts,

I am helping a friend send his 16 year old son to Canada to study and I would like to know about the requirements of a custodianship. Can the students mother come with him as a custodian? How about a relative or a friend who wants to take the custody of the child in Canada, what is the requirement for them? Do they need financial assessments or anything else?
It would be appreciated if you could help me with this.

Thanks,

Feb 22, 2016
Dear experts,

Awaiting your kind reply on the issue below: Thanks

Hello experts,

I am helping a friend send his 16 year old son to Canada to study and I would like to know about the requirements of a custodianship. Can the students mother come with him as a custodian? How about a relative or a friend who wants to take the custody of the child in Canada, what is the requirement for them? Do they need financial assessments or anything else?

Thanks,

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
samwarisjan@gmail.com said:
Hello experts,

Thanks,
Hey,

A custodian will be a relative/friend who lives in Canada, where the student will reside during the duration of his/her studies. I was already 18 when I applied, but I still submitted a CUSTODIANSHIP DECLARATION FORM found in CIC's website, MY UNCLE'S BANK STATEMENT FOR 6 MONTHS, A NOTARIZED AND SIGNED LETTER FROM MY UNCLE STATING HIS SUPPORT (FOOD AND HOUSING), AND MY UNCLE'S AND MOM'S BIRTH CERTIFICATES IDENTIFYING THEIR RELATIONSHIP. These documents helped a lot because, I think, the officer understood that I will receive extra support while I'm in Canada, other than what I get from my parents who are in another country.

Hope this helps.