+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodians Responsibilities

leo418418

Jan 16, 2019
My neighbour, who is here on a student visa, has asked me to be a custodian for her underage sister who wants to come here on a student visa. What exactly are the responsibilities of a custodian? Will I be responsible for her housing, food, medical treatments, tuition, etc.?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
My neighbour, who is here on a student visa, has asked me to be a custodian for her underage sister who wants to come here on a student visa. What exactly are the responsibilities of a custodian? Will I be responsible for her housing, food, medical treatments, tuition, etc.?
Hi

No you are not responsible for her housing, food or fee. You will be responsible for only emergency situations

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Below are activities which are responsibility of custodian
  • Maintaining ongoing and deliberate contact with the student;
  • Liaising and/or intervening with school officials and representatives;
  • Offering guidance in opening bank accounts, purchasing pre-paid cell phones;
  • Signing parental waivers for school-related functions and activities;
  • Referrals to important community services such as libraries, fitness clubs, etc.;
  • Assist in accessing immediate and/or ongoing medical services;
  • Monitoring overall mental, physical and emotional well-being of the student;
  • Mediating disputes involving student
  • Explaining local laws and regulations; and
  • Responding 24/7 to emergency situations involving the student
Good Luck

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Hy
Did they check your finances when you signed it?
Also, did they call you ask for any information?
Please let me know