+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently on a working holiday visa, wanting to apply PR through CEC

yingzibird

Sep 23, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, am hoping someone could help me with this question. So I am currently working in Canada, with working holiday visa, will have 12 months work experience till this oct and planning to apply for PR through CEC. I was told that ppl with WH visa can't apply through CEC today :eek: :eek: :eek:, but I can't find anything to prove this. Please please please help!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yingzibird said:
Hello everyone, am hoping someone could help me with this question. So I am currently working in Canada, with working holiday visa, will have 12 months work experience till this oct and planning to apply for PR through CEC. I was told that ppl with WH visa can't apply through CEC today :eek: :eek: :eek:, but I can't find anything to prove this. Please please please help!
You can apply. If you meet all requirements for CEC class.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Yeah I don't know where they got that idea. What's important is that you gained the 12 months' skilled experience and that you always had the proper authorisation to do the work. Whether it's an IEC visa doesn't enter into it.

yingzibird

Sep 23, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LPS said:
Yeah I don't know where they got that idea. What's important is that you gained the 12 months' skilled experience and that you always had the proper authorisation to do the work. Whether it's an IEC visa doesn't enter into it.
Thanks, LPS! I do have another question in regards to the proper autorization to work, my WH visa expires next August, assuming I applied for PR this Oct, while waiting for PR, my WH expired ( I can't extend it snice it is a two-year visa maximum). am I right to say I have to apply for an open work permit or ask my employer to apply for LMO, then get a work permit before the PR actually arrives?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yingzibird said:
Thanks, LPS! I do have another question in regards to the proper autorization to work, my WH visa expires next August, assuming I applied for PR this Oct, while waiting for PR, my WH expired ( I can't extend it snice it is a two-year visa maximum). am I right to say I have to apply for an open work permit or ask my employer to apply for LMO, then get a work permit before the PR actually arrives?
About 60 days after applying for PR you'll get the AOR ( your filenumber ) with that you
become eligible for a BOWP ( Bridged Open Work Permit ).
There's a few requirements for that tho: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp
So 4 months before your WHP expires you can apply for BOWP.

yingzibird

Sep 23, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
About 60 days after applying for PR you'll get the AOR ( your filenumber ) with that you
become eligible for a BOWP ( Bridged Open Work Permit ).
There's a few requirements for that tho: So 4 months before your WHP expires you can apply for BOWP.
Great stuff, so the ARO you mentioned is the positive eligibility assessment, which would enable us to apply for the BOWP. appreciate your help! I would be able to sleep tight tonight finally....

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yingzibird said:
Great stuff, so the ARO you mentioned is the positive eligibility assessment, which would enable us to apply for the BOWP. appreciate your help! I would be able to sleep tight tonight finally....
AOR is the Acknowledgement of Receipt, what that means is, CIC has checked your application
for completion, hence all forms are filled out correctly, the application is complete and everything is signed.

Eligibility check comes later on in the process once your application has been assigned to a VO and is being
assessed.

yingzibird

Sep 23, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
AOR is the Acknowledgement of Receipt, what that means is, CIC has checked your application
for completion, hence all forms are filled out correctly, the application is complete and everything is signed.

Eligibility check comes later on in the process once your application has been assigned to a VO and is being
assessed.
Got it! Thanks Toby!