+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently in Ontario inland, got PR approved for Ainp. Will giving my Ontario address for PR card cause any issue?

sina_sl77

May 17, 2023
I am currently working in Toronto, Ontario under PGWP. I recently got my PR approved under Ainp PNP and have to update my mailing address and photo in the PR portal for getting the PR card. Since I am currently in Toronto will it cause any issue if I give my Toronto mailing address?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently working in Toronto, Ontario under PGWP. I recently got my PR approved under Ainp PNP and have to update my mailing address and photo in the PR portal for getting the PR card. Since I am currently in Toronto will it cause any issue if I give my Toronto mailing address?
If you were sponsored by Alberta, you probably should be living and working in Alberta, not Ontario. I would say that having your card mailed to your address in Toronto could be an issue.

sina_sl77

May 17, 2023
If you were sponsored by Alberta, you probably should be living and working in Alberta, not Ontario. I would say that having your card mailed to your address in Toronto could be an issue.
Does it need to be the same city? I've listed Calgary as my future city in my express entry application, but I want to go to Edmonton. Can I give a mailing address in Edmonton?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it need to be the same city? I've listed Calgary as my future city in my express entry application, but I want to go to Edmonton. Can I give a mailing address in Edmonton?
Wait, I thought you obtained your PR via PNP, not Express Entry.

If AINP PNP, you need to settle (at least for a while) in Alberta...any city in Alberta.

Use the Edmonton address to avoid any possible `issues'.

sina_sl77

May 17, 2023
Wait, I thought you obtained your PR via PNP, not Express Entry.

If AINP PNP, you need to settle (at least for a while) in Alberta...any city in Alberta.

Use the Edmonton address to avoid any possible `issues'.
Yeah, I got it Ainp through the express entry. They are only asking for a mailing address; they didn't ask for a residential address. Do I need to immediately move there, or can I just give them a mailing address from Airbnb or a friend's address? I need some time to move there

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, I got it Ainp through the express entry. They are only asking for a mailing address; they didn't ask for a residential address. Do I need to immediately move there, or can I just give them a mailing address from Airbnb or a friend's address? I need some time to move there
If it is discovered that you are working in Toronto and will continue working in Toronto that is grounds for cancelling your PR. You have showed no intention of settling in Alberta. Sending your PR card to an Alberta address is not showing any intention of settling in Alberta. You should be applying for OINP given your situation then you would not risk your PR status.

sina_sl77

May 17, 2023
If it is discovered that you are working in Toronto and will continue working in Toronto that is grounds for cancelling your PR. You have showed no intention of settling in Alberta. Sending your PR card to an Alberta address is not showing any intention of settling in Alberta. You should be applying for OINP given your situation then you would not risk your PR status.
I’m working for Alberta employee remotely, and I have intention to go there. Ill move to calgary in june/july, just can’t do it in 7 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m working for Alberta employee remotely, and I have intention to go there. Ill move to calgary in june/july, just can’t do it in 7 days.
You had the whole AINP application period to move to Alberta which is what you should have done. If Alberta discovers that you are still living in Ontario without very concrete proof that you will be relocating to Alberta asap like notice or sale of current home and purchase/rental of home in Alberta then your AINP application could be cancelled.

Reactions: Copingwithlife