+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current work situation...

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey so I wanted to get some viewpoints on this..
My company was sold at the end of January. I had my year complete at the end of February. How do I enter this in my EE profile? I'm still doing the same job, my duties didn't change but the company ownership did, we're in the middle of a merger. Do I keep with my old company's name? I feel like if I enter 11 months on the old one and one on the new one I'll lose points, as the system will think there was a gap but there was no change to my work situation.. Put in Company ABC (formerly Company CBA)?
What do you think? I don't want to not acknowledge it, the sale was big news and I'm not willing to risk them thinking I wasn't being honest with them, but there's no place I can explain the situation in the EE profile until(fingers crossed) I get an ITA and can submit a letter of explanation. My boss seems to think I should put it in as Company ABC (formerly CBA), but I haven't actually signed a contract with the new company and the old one still pays my salary so I'm a little confused..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
normally the new company will offer u a letter of employment which will state ur new title, new salary etc under them thats when u would change ur job title. Companies have different ways to name the same position. so I am guessing and I am not sure but u could use the old job title/company till u get the new employment letter. Again this is my guess and not sure.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's what I was thinking until my boss pointed out that officially we became employees of the new company the day the sale closed.. we're literally a month into this merger and its all moving very slow so no one's received new contracts, despite a lot of us moving over.. call it a leap of faith. I just don't want to risk misrepresenting myself over something that I have zero control over..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
did u start getting pay cheques from new company?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope, and from what i hear, even if I do sign a contract with the new one I'll still be getting paid from the old one..

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
purplesnow said:
nope, and from what i hear, even if I do sign a contract with the new one I'll still be getting paid from the old one..
Are you on work permit? If so, after the old company is formally merged with new your WP will have to be first amended. If you are not on WP then ignore.

I guess your boss said that you will continue to be paid by old company is because the formal merger takes time. That is what happened with my company. So till the time that happens enter yourself in EE as an employee of old company. You can always change employer details when formal merger happens. You have to support that employer name change with paystub by new company, position change letter by new company etc.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see i have the 12 months experience and pay from the old one, and thats what im using to apply. but today i started working in the company that bought us. I'm still under contract with the old company and they pay my salary, i just don't know how to update the EE profile. My boss at the old company is still my boss in the new one and he'll write whatever i need in my reference letter, and i can get HR and the regional VP to sign off on it too. I just want to make sure my profile is accurate...

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
purplesnow said:
see i have the 12 months experience and pay from the old one, and thats what im using to apply. but today i started working in the company that bought us. I'm still under contract with the old company and they pay my salary, i just don't know how to update the EE profile. My boss at the old company is still my boss in the new one and he'll write whatever i need in my reference letter, and i can get HR and the regional VP to sign off on it too. I just want to make sure my profile is accurate...
And you will get the reference letter, paystub everything in old company. When and if your contract expires will you get the renewal on old company letterhead? If all these would be in old company letter head then I do not see a reason to worry. Go ahead and get your profile done under old company details.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by contract i have a permanent full time contract with the old company.
I will eventually get a contract with the new one when everything is sorted out, but I'm still working under my current one.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
purplesnow said:
by contract i have a permanent full time contract with the old company.
I will eventually get a contract with the new one when everything is sorted out, but I'm still working under my current one.
so where is the confusion? Go ahead and file under old company. When the formal merger happens update your employer name and respective details.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the confusion is that i technically became an employee of the new company the day the sale closed, a month before i reached my year. that month was spent in the old company doing the skilled job. but now ive been moved to the offices of the company that bought us, to work for them, and officially my old company doesn't exist anymore, even though they're still doing work and paying us. im officially a part of the new company but don't have a contract with them. I do have a contract with a company that is no longer officially a company..