+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Visitor Visa Process for Parents

Sarath.276

Jun 4, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR in canada and want to apply for visitor visa for my mother. VFS offices for biometrics are closed in India. Currently is Cic processing only emergency visitor applications or all??if processing normal applications as biometrics centres are closed are they any other options for processing visitor visa. Please advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am a PR in canada and want to apply for visitor visa for my mother. VFS offices for biometrics are closed in India. Currently is Cic processing only emergency visitor applications or all??if processing normal applications as biometrics centres are closed are they any other options for processing visitor visa. Please advise
IRCC is processing applications. However if your application requires biometrics, then it cannot be processed at this time and you'll need to wait for biometrics centres to reopen.

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
Hello,

I applied for my mom on July 16.

Later i found out that the purpose of travel should have been stated as "other" and the description should've read COVID-19, as she is exempt from travel restrictions as an immediate family member. I emailed the COVID email address with an updated application form, and today she received an email that reads:

"Your application for a temporary resident visa has been approved. You will be contacted by the New Delhi Mission who will advise on the next steps."

Will keep you posted on what happens next.

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi, i need your help with my parents TRV application that i filed on march 11th. Please share your contact. Would liek to get in touch with you. Please.

Thanks.

Later i found out that the purpose of travel should have been stated as "other" and the description should've read COVID-19, as she is exempt from travel restrictions as an immediate family member. I emailed the COVID email address with an updated application form, and today she received an email that reads:

"Your application for a temporary resident visa has been approved. You will be contacted by the New Delhi Mission who will advise on the next steps."

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019
hey guys..

I applied for my parents visitor visa online on 20 Feb,2020. They have given their biometrics on 26feb,2020.After that I have not heard anything from ircc.I am PR in Canada. I even raised web form but have not receive any reply . Although , my parents purpose of travel as defined in application was my anniversary . Please suggest what are possibilities for me and what should I do?

Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey guys..

I applied for my parents visitor visa online on 20 Feb,2020. They have given their biometrics on 26feb,2020.After that I have not heard anything from ircc.I am PR in Canada. I even raised web form but have not receive any reply . Although , my parents purpose of travel as defined in application was my anniversary . Please suggest what are possibilities for me and what should I do?

Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Have you contacted the special covid email?

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019

Congratulations..can u please help me too about my parents visa

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........

What was your status in Canada? PR/Citizen or WP? Please share.

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
As a follow up, in early November my Mom got an email from CIC Delhi Mission that asked her to contact VFS to submit passport. She did so, received a 2-way courier service instruction, submitted a passport, and received the vis back in about a week. She is now on her way to Canada, landing in Toronto on Dec 10.

A few caveats to our particular case:
  • I am a Canadian citizen, CIC issued a letter to my mom that states that immediate family to Canadian citizens are exempt.
  • My mom did not require biometrics, as she had given biometrics for her PR application in January. From what I understand, this may be a show stopper for many out there
  • It is very important that you use the purpose of travel on the VISA form as I mentioned in my post above. Choose the option for purpose of travel as Other and in the description, write COVID-19

Please, anyone, if you have any questions at all, I am happy to answer.

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
As a follow up, in early November my Mom got an email from CIC Delhi Mission that asked her to contact VFS to submit passport. She did so, received a 2-way courier service instruction, submitted a passport, and received the vis back in about a week. She is now on her way to Canada, landing in Toronto on Dec 10.

A few caveats to our particular case:
  • I am a Canadian citizen, CIC issued a letter to my mom that states that immediate family to Canadian citizens are exempt.
  • My mom did not require biometrics, as she had given biometrics for her PR application in January. From what I understand, this may be a show stopper for many out there
  • It is very important that you use the purpose of travel on the VISA form as I mentioned in my post above. Choose the option for purpose of travel as Other and in the description, write COVID-19

Please, anyone, if you have any questions at all, I am happy to answer.
Is it correct that the visitor visa they are giving out right now under this category is a single entry visa with relatively short validity?

Thanks in advance!