+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Status of US Outland Applications

auroraaustralis

Jul 4, 2019
As people traveling from the US are technically allowed to go to Canada with a 14-day quarantine plan and it looks like some people were issued direct COPRs in August, I wanted to see where other people are at currently.
  • I'm FSW Outland, AOR Feb 4th. Ottawa.
  • Eligibility met and criminality passed as of August.
Has anyone raised an intent to travel web form?

dexco

May 13, 2020
Yeah I've been wondering this myself. I'm a US citizen and don't need a visa so I was hoping my application could be finalized soon, but I really have no idea. I'm FSW and my AOR is Feb 25. My application is also in the Ottawa office. The last movement on my file was in May, when my eligibility was marked recommended pass. No ghost updates. I sent a web form today asking for a status update, but honestly I'm not expecting that anything has changed.

I saw in another thread someone posted something about the "intent to travel" web form, but I couldn't find any information about it on IRCC's website, except for people who already had COPRs that expired. Do you know if people in the US without a COPR already are allowed to send one?

auroraaustralis

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah I've been wondering this myself. I'm a US citizen and don't need a visa so I was hoping my application could be finalized soon, but I really have no idea. I'm FSW and my AOR is Feb 25. My application is also in the Ottawa office. The last movement on my file was in May, when my eligibility was marked recommended pass. No ghost updates. I sent a web form today asking for a status update, but honestly I'm not expecting that anything has changed.

I saw in another thread someone posted something about the "intent to travel" web form, but I couldn't find any information about it on IRCC's website, except for people who already had COPRs that expired. Do you know if people in the US without a COPR already are allowed to send one?
looks like we’re on a similar timeline! I also got GCMS notes. As of May my status was recommend pass. I raised a web form a few days ago asking about eligibility and it changed to met. In my portal additional documents under review was changed to not applicable at the end of August.

So they’re definitely processing our applications but what I’m wondering is the next steps. I’m confused about this intent to travel thing as I have not heard anything about it. There are people currently traveling to Canada for non-essential work from the US who do a 14-day quarantine etc so I assumed our applications would be processed without delay as well.

Reactions: dexco

dexco

May 13, 2020
looks like we’re on a similar timeline! I also got GCMS notes. As of May my status was recommend pass. I raised a web form a few days ago asking about eligibility and it changed to met. In my portal additional documents under review was changed to not applicable at the end of August.

So they’re definitely processing our applications but what I’m wondering is the next steps. I’m confused about this intent to travel thing as I have not heard anything about it. There are people currently traveling to Canada for non-essential work from the US who do a 14-day quarantine etc so I assumed our applications would be processed without delay as well.
I really hope so! The lease on my apartment is ending this month and I really don’t know what to do. I was optimistic when those few people in the US got PPRs or COPRs in August, but I haven’t seen any other US folks get anything in the past few weeks so now I don’t know what to think or how to feel.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Intent to travel is for people with COPRs.
I was wondering the same thing but I don't think there is much we could do. Obviously they are not ready to let people in the US go to Canada.

Last edited:

auroraaustralis

Jul 4, 2019
Just found this on the IRCC site:

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
So, they're prioritizing other applications first but technically it looks like you could potentially get a COPR right now if you're a current US resident willing to make the move.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including
  • Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Just found this on the IRCC site:

So, they're prioritizing other applications first but technically it looks like you could potentially get a COPR right now if you're a current US resident willing to make the move.

Some in the US got PPRs recently but more are still waiting.

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I really hope so! The lease on my apartment is ending this month and I really don’t know what to do. I was optimistic when those few people in the US got PPRs or COPRs in August, but I haven’t seen any other US folks get anything in the past few weeks so now I don’t know what to think or how to feel.
I sent an intent to travel webform yesterday. Still waiting to hear back from them. It looks like many outland applications from the US are on hold at CPC-Ottawa. My application was approved back in March and got stuck in Ottawa. No CoPR or anything. US citizen.

saiajay001

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Halifax
App. Filed.......
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
22-11-2019
My application was approved in April by Charlottetown IRCC and also generated the visa foil but still waiting for the PPR mail. AOR Nov 22nd and COR-USA.