+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current salary not matching Median Wage for LMIA?

G4v1N

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Guys, my employee is willing to do LMIA for me but the thing is my current salary($18) is below then median wage($26) for my NOC 2282.
But he is ready to give me in written that if i get PR he will give me more than the median wage. So my question is if i go for lmia with my current salary and a letter from employee stating that he will give me median wage in future then what are my chances to get positive result?
is it mandatory for me to have salary more than median wage right now?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's mandatory. I've heard of people getting rejected because of the wages not aligning. But your company should speak to a consultant to help with the application and ask them to be sure.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Think about it! The job advert MUST state the wage offered to the applicant and if this wage doesn't fall within the median range then they will deny the application because this is a MAJOR no no. The reason why the LMIA are here is because of employers hiring cheaper workers and leaving the more expensive Canadians at home.

Bottom line...even if you dont get the raise...the advert must show median wage AND the job offer letter MUST show median wage. They could audit the companies foreign worker program to see if tour company are hiring cheap labor......be very careful here