+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current processing time for postgraduation work visa

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi all,

I know it says 50 days online but sometimes (in my experience) can be faster. Did anyone recently apply for post graduation work permit from inside Canada? I want to apply for mine and need to know the current processing time (to help with some decision). I recently completed a phd programme and have had to stop my part time TA job until I get my work permit.

Regards.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi all,

I know it says 50 days online but sometimes (in my experience) can be faster. Did anyone recently apply for post graduation work permit from inside Canada? I want to apply for mine and need to know the current processing time (to help with some decision). I recently completed a phd programme and have had to stop my part time TA job until I get my work permit.

Regards.
Once you apply for PGWP you can work any number of hours.
IRCC sends a letter saying the same.

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi @ captainarabiia

Did you mean once I apply a letter stating I can work any number of hours will be issued/sent. I know that one one applies you can work any number of hours. But I have a peculiar case. I didn't stop my work after receiving my credential completion letter from my university as I didn't realize I had to immediately apply for my PGWP same day to be eligible to continue my work. I was only made aware of this 2 months after I got my credential completion letter and the advice from my uni is that I have to stop my work until I get my PGWP approved.

Any helpful tips/info will be appreciate as I'm concerned that according to IRCC, I have been working without authorization.