+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

current p.r.card renewal time

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Hi there. I received the AOR from CIC of my p.r.card renewal application on 7th January, 2017 after completing RO of about 750 days. I need to travel urgently to India on personal work in 2 months (march end). Will I face any problems ? Would really appreciate some advice.

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Philp said:
Hi there. I received the AOR from CIC of my p.r.card renewal application on 7th January, 2017 after completing RO of about 750 days. I need to travel urgently to India on personal work in 2 months (march end). Will I face any problems ? Would really appreciate some advice.
further queries - My P.R. Card expired in August, 2016. HOW do I re enter Canada with my p.r.card renewal application sent in (AOR received 7th J) BUT processing not started yet ? Really sorry guys but

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Philp said:
further queries - My P.R. Card expired in August, 2016. HOW do I re enter Canada with my p.r.card renewal application sent in (AOR received 7th J) BUT processing not started yet ? Really sorry guys but
You would need to apply for a PR Travel Document if you need to return to Canada after your old PR card has expired and if your new PR card hasn't been approved. You will want to ensure you meet the residency requirement on the day you apply for the PRTD.

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
scylla said:
You would need to apply for a PR Travel Document if you need to return to Canada after your old PR card has expired and if your new PR card hasn't been approved. You will want to ensure you meet the residency requirement on the day you apply for the PRTD.
Thanks Scylla for the advice. However on downloading the PRTD Application form no.IMM5524 in sec 19 "humanitarian & compassionate grounds" I feel I might get stuck as I am going urgently on personal work that doesn't qualify under this section. I also read that coming across the border from via u.s.a. is an option as I have a u.s. Visa. Would appreciate your advise

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
If you have US Visa then you can come via US by land on a non-commercial vehicle. Either a private car or rent-a-car, no bus /train/airlines. You will have no problem, just show you India passport and expired PR Card at the Canada land border crossing.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
CANADA border may interview at the time of re entry to Canada.Do carry copy of you AOR with you. Officer might ask you about it,

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Vic R said:
CANADA border may interview at the time of re entry to Canada.Do carry copy of you AOR with you. Officer might ask you about it,
Thanks guys!!! I'm in a big dilemma. Apply for PRTD/get rejected and get stuck in India /appeals etc. OR try to "sneak" into Canada via U.S. and run the risk of being send back to India by CBSA. I have valid Indian passport, COPR, expired p.r.card, etc. My wife (p.r.card holder), children and grandchildren (Canadian citizens) are all in Canada. Got to decide and prepare now.. before March end trip. Sleepless nights

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Philp said:
Thanks guys!!! I'm in a big dilemma. Apply for PRTD/get rejected and get stuck in India /appeals etc. OR try to "sneak" into Canada via U.S. and run the risk of being send back to India by CBSA. I have valid Indian passport, COPR, expired p.r.card, etc. My wife (p.r.card holder), children and grandchildren (Canadian citizens) are all in Canada. Got to decide and prepare now.. before March end trip. Sleepless nights
Please advise if there is any other option besides the 2 mentioned. Or alternatively, if which of the 2 is a safer option?

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
best would be to fly from india to US and then return from US To Canada in a private vehicle, if you dont have time to apply travel document. CBSA may interview and then present them your valid documents. You can call Canadian borders for confirmation of the process map.

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
I would be gratefull if someone would advise on which is the safer way - 1) PRTD or 2) VIA U.S BORDER. I checked my status today and my timeline reads 1. received application on 14 December, 2016 and 2, IN PROCESS on 7-1-2017 ( the box says documents being checked if complete or not/interview if necessary, you will be notified of time and date.)
So my question is IF I'M NOT IN CANADA AND CALLED FOR INTERVIEW or if FURTHER DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED - WHAT HAPPENS?.
And my second question is what are my chances of rejection if I apply for P.R.T.D. from India ? PLEASE ADVISE

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Philp said:
I would be gratefull if someone would advise on which is the safer way - 1) PRTD or 2) VIA U.S BORDER. I checked my status today and my timeline reads 1. received application on 14 December, 2016 and 2, IN PROCESS on 7-1-2017 ( the box says documents being checked if complete or not/interview if necessary, you will be notified of time and date.)
So my question is IF I'M NOT IN CANADA AND CALLED FOR INTERVIEW or if FURTHER DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED - WHAT HAPPENS?.
And my second question is what are my chances of rejection if I apply for P.R.T.D. from India ? PLEASE ADVISE
Sorry to interject after a long period. But I would be grateful if I could get some answers to the queries I raised above - as I have to make a decision to go to India in mid March.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Provided you can prove that you meet the RO when you apply for a PRTD, it will be approved.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Philp said:
Sorry to interject after a long period. But I would be grateful if I could get some answers to the queries I raised above - as I have to make a decision to go to India in mid March.
Come VIA USA in a private vehicle, that is the best option.

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
mats said:
Come VIA USA in a private vehicle, that is the best option.
Hey Guys..don't know if there is a mistake by CIC or a miracle???
My timeline: Mailed my application on 8th December. Online status: Received application on 14th December, Received AOR on 7th January, Process started on 7th January, Permanent Card has been sent by mail on 20th January.
HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CARD YET. Can someone please explain this and how is the card mailed. Courier or regular mail. Going crazy!!!!!

Philp

Dec 29, 2016
Philp said:
Hey Guys..don't know if there is a mistake by CIC or a miracle???
My timeline: Mailed my application on 8th December. Online status: Received application on 14th December, Received AOR on 7th January, Process started on 7th January, Permanent Card has been sent by mail on 20th January.
HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CARD YET. Can someone please explain this and how is the card mailed. Courier or regular mail. Going crazy!!!!!
Would appreciate if someone on this forum can reply to my queries.