+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current noc and job offer noc can be different ?

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
Hi friends, what if I get a job in a different industry compared to my current experience. Will it be a problem in approving Lmia and then in PR.
Assume I'm in banking industry and trying job in IT for analyst role ? Or a manager role in retail/restaurant?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VJ2015 said:
Hi friends, what if I get a job in a different industry compared to my current experience. Will it be a problem in approving Lmia and then in PR.
Assume I'm in banking industry and trying job in IT for analyst role ? Or a manager role in retail/restaurant?
Theoretically ok but practically it might not work so easily.

LMIA approved jobs are hard to get because the onus is on the employer to prove that there is no Canadian available to do that particular job. It will be virtually impossible to convince Services Canada that you are the right person (and a foreigner to boot!) for a manager role in retail when you don't have requisite educational qualifications or work experience for that job function.

Tuan Pham

Jan 17, 2021
Hello. May I ask if you succeeded in getting PR with that case? I am going to get a cook job in a restaurant (having LMIA) while my current Canadian experience in Video editing. Thank you in advance.