July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
Hi

When I check my online application status the current mailing address shows the correct mailing address except it´s missing the country? Does it normally look like that?

Another thing, I´m now visiting my boyfriend in Canada and staying for 6 months, should I change my mailing address to his address in Canada? Does it cause any problems if they send my PPR to my home country (to my parents address), and I then send the passport from Canada?

Thank you

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
E-cas is not very reliable for us outlanders and I don't suggest changing the address through it. You would need to contact the VO and even then it's not a given they'll do it ( ::)....).

First of all, this question looks like it's pretty specific to people's experiences with London, so I would suggest posting in the London VO thread/reading others' posts in that thread, if you haven't already.

There is a good chance your PPR may arrive via email. Even if it arrives via postal mail and it comes to your residence in the UK, you'll easily know about since as you say this is your parents' home. They can fax you the letter so you can follow the directions to send off your passport, immigration photos, etc. to the VO. As far as mailing it back, Buffalo gives applicants who are already in Canada instructions to mail it to an address in Fort Erie, Ontario rather than to Buffalo, New York. That saves people shipping fees at the same time and the passports are government couriered to the VO abroad from Canada. You may have the same option with London......check on that.

bealily said:
Hi

When I check my online application status the current mailing address shows the correct mailing address except it´s missing the country? Does it normally look like that?

Another thing, I´m now visiting my boyfriend in Canada and staying for 6 months, should I change my mailing address to his address in Canada? Does it cause any problems if they send my PPR to my home country (to my parents address), and I then send the passport from Canada?

Thank you

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey,
I was in Canada for most of the processing of my application, but I left my mailing address as my parents address in UK. I got the PPR via email (but had asked my parents to open any post for me). The PPR letter includes an updated information sheet which you must fill out. On this I put my Canadian address, I also included the addressed return envelope with my Canadian address on it.
I had no issues at all and my passport was returned to me in Canada.
Don't worry :)

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
Thanks to both of you. I´ll not worry about it for now then, and just leave it as is.

honeylaine

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Hey,
I was in Canada for most of the processing of my application, but I left my mailing address as my parents address in UK. I got the PPR via email (but had asked my parents to open any post for me). The PPR letter includes an updated information sheet which you must fill out. On this I put my Canadian address, I also included the addressed return envelope with my Canadian address on it.
I had no issues at all and my passport was returned to me in Canada.
Don't worry :)
Hi Pinklady, how long did the VO hold you passport till you get pp back?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
honeylaine said:
Hi Pinklady, how long did the VO hold you passport till you get pp back?
From the day London received it to the day I got it back was about 5.5 weeks. Recently though its been much less, more like 3 weeks.