+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current employees of Infy, TCS, Wipro etc. please connect here

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
got the same question..
1)any ex-infoscion showed the mail from infy hr saying they will not give a job description letter and dint face any problem?

2) The mail also says that any manager or infoscion is not allowed to give any letter
so how can we show a letter from infosys hr and contradict it by getting a job description from ex colleague?

thanks

rickvinod

Dec 10, 2014
pramodsah said:
Hi Vinod,

Do you have any clue whom to contact and the steps to get the experience letter in the desired format if I have already left Cognizant?
Also I am not that lucky to have a close manager in Cognizant due to my very short stint in the company.

Thanks,
Do you have a friendly colleauge who would give you a declaration. If so i can mail you a formate that you can use. It is better to get declaration from a senior person.

canadadreamming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
current employees of cognizant, tcs, infosys, ... will not be supported to immigrate, especially if you are on assignment in canada clients, there is a high risk that you will leave the company immediately after obtaining pr, that's why

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, it is pretty difficult to get this IMO. But I am sure there are plenty of people on the same boat at this point. What I will be doing is getting a letter from a colleague who has a business card and have him draft up a letter for me. And then attach some pay stubs and my service letter. That's as much as I can humanly do from my end so...

I was with TCS from Sept 09 to July 11, for those of you wondering.

Reactions: ananthulasrikar

pramodsah

Mar 22, 2015
rickvinod said:
Do you have a friendly colleauge who would give you a declaration. If so i can mail you a formate that you can use. It is better to get declaration from a senior person.
Sent you personal message mentioning my email address. Please send me the details.

Sreeni01

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2015
Nomination.....
28-August-2015
AOR Received.
17-October-2015
Med's Done....
19-October-2015
rickvinod said:
I am from cognizant, here there is a special experience letter template that is available, wherein you can type all your roles and responsibilities and submit it for approval.. Once your supervisor approves it HR approves it and provides everything in the official experience letter formate. In fact the entire process happened within two days. Most exciting part is that you have an option to choose any of your supervisors from the day you joined for approval. So I had this old close manager who instantly approved on my request. My current manager has no clue on this.
HI,

I worked in CTS for 6 months in 2011, I asked for reference letter but they didnt provide.

Can you help me in this??

Employee Number : 289120
Date of Joining : 13/06/2011
Date of Leaving : 04/11/2011
Designation : Associate -Projects

Regards,
Sreeni01

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
rainman400 said:
Yeah, it is pretty difficult to get this IMO. But I am sure there are plenty of people on the same boat at this point. What I will be doing is getting a letter from a colleague who has a business card and have him draft up a letter for me. And then attach some pay stubs and my service letter. That's as much as I can humanly do from my end so...

I was with TCS from Sept 09 to July 11, for those of you wondering.
Hi rainman,
You can obtain alumni letter from TCS describing your roles and responsibilities ....mail to corporate.ffs@tcs.com and they should help you with it. They will provide you with sample letter and your last supervisor details. You need to complete that letter and send it for approval to your supervisor as they have mentioned. Once she/he approves and sends letter to the alumni team, you will have your letter.however if you have done different roles in different geographies, they won't give letters stating that.
Let me know if this helps.

Timeframe -approx 3 weeks.
All the best,
Regards,
Aarti

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
eagle922 said:
How are you guys managing the experience certificate? As I understand none of these companies will be willing to provide an experience certificate in the format as required by CIC. Lets discuss and help each other out.

As an ex of one of those companies you mentioned thought of sharing my experience with you all. Not really pleasant I must say in comparison to my other employer which is US based and did it really fast track and just as I asked them to regarding the format :)

So, these indian companies are always sniffing why we are asking for such certificates. A barrage of questions from the HR contact who deals with the process. Most importantly I spent three weeks staying awake till 1.00 AM MST to follow up with them. Ultimately it came out that my super helpful immediate supervisor approved the certificate in just one day whilst one particular HR lady who had my application was sitting with the document for three weeks !!! Sincere thanks to my immediate supervisor who I called after more than 5 years just to request him for approval of the certificate and in less than 24 hours he did that !!! The certificate that was handed over to me was really poorly formatted. I had no control over it. They have a specified format and they would not budge to any suggestion. So I had to accept that. I know my attorney was not happy at all. In comparison my other employer was super understanding when I sent them my format and they (my immediate supervisor and HR) just approved it in 2 days. the process end to end took less than a week with this employer. I would not like to discourage any one here but just a difficult experience I wanted to share.

Good luck guys !

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Hi rainman,
You can obtain alumni letter from TCS describing your roles and responsibilities ....mail to corporate.ffs @ tcs.com and they should help you with it. They will provide you with sample letter and your last supervisor details. You need to complete that letter and send it for approval to your supervisor as they have mentioned. Once she/he approves and sends letter to the alumni team, you will have your letter.however if you have done different roles in different geographies, they won't give letters stating that.
Let me know if this helps.

Timeframe -approx 3 weeks.
All the best,
Regards,
Aarti
You are my hero! I will get down to it right now! Thank you so much ill let u know if it worked out

skang404

Apr 5, 2015
Hi, I am from TCS (or rather was, please read below)

+ As an employee of TCS you can get an 'experience letter' which will only mention dates & designation and not roles and responsibilities, which are also required for EE.

I had debates about this in past six months with many senior HRs in Delhi/Noida and the result was there is actually no other business reason for issuing such a certificate. For example, say you go for a job at Google and even lie on your resume, they will do BGC on you and find out you were an ex-TCS employee, but Google cant find out nor cares about 'which technology' you worked on, since they'll interview you about it anyways. So respectfully, it was agreed that if I need this for immigration then my loss to the company is undesirable and so I won't get such a certificate.

I resigned in Jan, my points are 435 and I am optimistic. Nevertheless, I was planning a switch. I have now got the required letter and am working somewhere else.

+ The letter is called 'Ex-Employee Verification' letter.
This lists the dates as well as the jobs performed & skill-set used.

+ Once a 'separation kit' is generated on TCS's internal portal 'Ultimatix', you will find details in there about the process of this kit.
Take help from your HR if needed, on separation process.

+ You have to compose the above letter in a format specified in separation kit and send it to your current supervisor who approves it and sends to corporate.ffs @ tcs.com for record-keeping.
(I literally customised the wordings listed in my NOC description on CIC, as per my work done.)

+ Then, after leaving tcs, whenever you require a copy of this letter, send a letter to 'corporate.exempverification @ tcs.com' with only your employee id in subject. Again, you will not be issued this letter if you do not have a reason for skill verification, so you'll need to mention about immigration.

You might wanna argue with me over some of the above points but I don't care so I might not respond. All the best :)

Sreeni01

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2015
Nomination.....
28-August-2015
AOR Received.
17-October-2015
Med's Done....
19-October-2015
rickvinod said:
pramodsah and sreeni sent documents for ur mail id
Hi

Yeah received it...Will call you if possible.

Thank u soooo much...

Regards,
Sreeni01

Riks

Dec 2, 2014
Hi All,
Me and my husband working in TCS for 9 years. No other company.
We have already recieved ITA and working on documents now.
I wonder if any one can help on experience certificate.

We have worked in Canada for 3 years and in USA for 3 years.Hence we have some reference letters from TCS which was shared while processing Canada/USA visa back in 2010. Can we still use them as they mention all roles and responsibilities.

Seek your guidance if any. What other mode we can get these letters as TCS will not give EE specific letter to us now for known reasons.
How a supervisor can help on same.Steps to get declaration from supervisor please..

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
Maanu said:
Hi bhagya...

There is no such option for us in TCS :(

We have to somehow take it from our immediate managers or supervisors along with their visting(Business) card if at all they have!
If you work for TCS, then they will provide you with a skill certificate which is actually the reference letter. Once you put the email request to HR, they will ask you to provide bullet points about your roles and responsibilities. You will be instructed to obtain PL/GL approval. I can't think of a reason why they say No. But, just discuss with your PL/GL and reach a consensus on your roles. One they approve, then TCS will issue you the skill certificate within 3 business days.

Note that, the skill certificate may not include the number of hours per week.

Hope this helps.